Prologue

Prologue

"Welcome, to the Dark Woods High Halloween dance!" My brother, Caleb, happily greets everyone through the microphone.

As he's leaving, the techno song starts to play. People start to dance with their friends at the center of the gym. They all looked sweaty in their costumes from dancing.

I check my costume, Count Dracula. I had white powder all over my face, which wasn't very comfortable. It was itchy. My Mother had helped me with my costume, which I was delighted with. I thought it was so cool.

My hand was shaking while holding the red cup filled with red punch. My legs were feeling like jelly, and I was already beginning to sweat. Why was I feeling like this?

I stand alone in this dark corner where no one notices me. I'm the school's biggest loser while my little brother was the admired one. I get bullied every day at school. I get pushed and shoved into the lockers. I get laughed at for no reason. I never knew the reason why. Caleb never says anything about it. We didn't care about each other. Our brotherly love was vanished all of a sudden. It kills my Mother's heart when she sees us fighting. Her two sons were hating each other, but it wasn't my fault. From one day to another, Caleb became a dick of a brother. He hangs out with the popular kids and has a new girl almost every week.

"There you are!" Lynn shakes her head in disapproval. I look her with narrow eyes. "Don't you dare gimme that look, Elliot."

I sigh, "Lynn, you made me come to this terrible party. I don't fit in with the crowd."

"This party is off the hook!" Lynn shouts. She grabs my hand and brings me to the dance floor. She was disguised as Tinker Bell, an Asian Tinkerbell. Without her costume, Lynn had the medium brown straight hair. She had a curvy body as well. She was my best friend who was amazingly cute.

"Move your damn feet, Elliot!" She shouts and wishes to see me dance. Behind my head, I knew my brother was watching me. I felt his eyes glued to my back from across the room.

Three other girls are involved with us at the dance floor. One girl caught my eye. She was disguised as an angel.

My angel...

She had long light brown hair with a halo on top of her head. She was wearing a white dress that came up to her knees with white high top sneakers. Her enormous brown eyes held happiness and innocence. Her smile was lovely. She had two vast white wings.

She really did look like an angel.

"Ladies, this is my friend, Elliot Evergreen." Lynn introduces me to them with a smile.

"Elliot, these are my friends Elena Goner and Lauren Hood. This gorgeous angel is Ruby Summers." Lynn introduces her friends to me.

Ruby and Max Summers! Her name was popular around town. The two Summers siblings were well known in town. Their parents died in a sunken ship that was heading off to Mexico. Max was eighteen, while his sister was sixteen. He had already graduated from high school. His dream was be the sheriff of the town. Max didn't wish to move out of Dark Woods. Due to the fact, that of leaving his sister alone at such a young age. I frown and stop dancing.

Ruby wouldn't like me at all because I was...well....ugly.

"You're costume is so cool. Where did you buy it from?" Ruby smiles at me while dancing. Boy, she was beautiful.

Her beauty always made me breathless.

"My mom and I made it." I answer.

She flawlessly smiles at me, "I like it."

"My name is Elliot Evergreen." I randomly tell her.

"You're Caleb's older brother, right?" She says a disgusted tone when mentioning Caleb's name.

"Yeah, I am. I'm a senior." I tell her.

"I'm a junior. How did you meet Lynn if you're a grade higher than us?" Ruby asks me.

"I know, Elliot since 4th grade! We go back to grade school." Lynn adds in.

Ruby laughs, "Nice!" Her laugh was like music to my ears.

"Hey Lauren, Eli is looking at you!" Elena taps Lauren and points at Eli with a smile. The poor guy looked nervous for some reason. Lauren quickly excuses herself and walks to Eli.

"Hey, after this we should spend some time at my house." Ruby offers the idea. Lynn agrees with her. That meant only them three and not me.

"Oh-"

Caleb walks to the stage wearing his mafia boss costume. He had an evil glint in his eye that soon would cause chaos if not. He has an envelope in his hand. He grabs the microphone with his other free hand.

"Wow, look at these lovely costumes we have here. Many of you entered for the best costume award. Unfortunately, there is only one winner for this award." The crowd got sad. "May you lend a big round of applause to this year's best dresser..." Caleb opens up the envelope and brings up an evil smile. "Elliot Evergreen! Congrats to my brother, you deserve this." The music begins to roll as Caleb calls my name.

The crowd of people make a path for me and looks at me weirdly. I stand frozen in my spot, a bit shocked. I begin to crack up a smile. After hours of making this costume with my Mother, I won best costume. My Mother is going to be very happy when I tell her this.

"Go Elliot, go show me your big fangs!" Lynn encourages me. Ruby gives me two big thumbs up and Elena kindly smiles. Eli gave glares at Caleb. I go up to the stage where my brother was. I hear laughs and whispering within the crowd. He gives me a fake golden trophy and speed walks.

"Let's go Evergreen!" Lynn yells within the awkward crowd.

"Thank you very much for voting me." I let them see my fangs.

"I lo-"As I was on the verge of saying something else, red liquid pours all over on me. My white dressing shirt becomes bloody along with my pants.

I look at the crowd with their shocked faces plastered on them. They all begin to laugh except for Lynn and the girls. They look at me with pity. I drop the award in shock as Caleb comes up to the stage and with a laughing face. He harshly takes away the microphone away from me.

"We got the idea from that one stupid movie. My brother is a total loser, am I right?" He laughs. Everyone takes out their phones and starts to take pictures. I look at my brother with my jaw dropped to the floor.

Eli rounds up his soccer mates and leaves Lauren. He and his friends begin to fight against the football guys who are Caleb friends. All I hear is laughter and Eli defending me. He begins to call the football guys dumbasses for doing such a low act on me.

When I just couldn't take the embarassment, I quickly run off the stage angry and out of the school. I run straight home and lock myself into my room. I ignored my parent's calls from downstairs. I enter the bathroom to see myself. I watch my reflection. I was covered in blood. My costume that took hours was ruined now. A feeling raged greatly inside of me.

I had enough of this.

Revenge is exactly what I need.

From that night on, I knew I had to change. I knew I had to get my revenge. I was sick of everything. They were going to find out who the new Elliot Evergreen was and not the nerdy one. As for my brother, I'm going to take revenge on him.

Kill...

Murder them.

Dark Wood's is entering into a dark path. Blood the killer was going to be known now.

Blood the killer....