twenty-four

CHAPTER 24

Ruby

TWO WEEKS LATER...

"Finally, I'm out of the hospital!" I happily say. Elliot carries my bag without saying anything. Max carried my sweater since he offered to. The two boys that I love were finally taking me home.

Elliot seemed darker. His eyes told a different story, a much darker one. He didn't smile, he almost never did. Elliot seemed a bit distant, but he still showed affection.

"Lynn is ordering pizza for everyone!" Max smiles. Max and I were always happy, well not always. We were cheerful. We acted like all the Summers did, happy.

"Yay. I love pizza." I enter my house and notice everyone was sitting down in the living room. They were quietly watching the news with bored expressions on thier faces.

"Yo! I'm back home!" I yelled at them very happily. Their heads snap at me. Lynn jumps up from the couch and smiles. Lauren waves at me along with Eli. Bella stood up and hugged me.

"Ruby. I missed you!" Bella says. The two boys enter the living with different expressions. One had a tough look on his face, the other had a grin. Bell breaks the hug and hugs her boyfriend instead.

Without greeting anyone, Elliot sits on the couch and changes the channel. Eli stood up and approached me.

"Are you feeling fine?" He asked.

I nodded my head as an answer. While everyone was at the kicthen talking to each other, Elliot stayed in the living room alone. I leave the kicthen and notice how late it was to eat pizza. I sit next to Elliot and turned to look at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?" I assured him.

"Yeah, Ruby." He nodded his head. I still didn't believe him. I knew when Elliot would lie. He would blink those beautiful eyes of his and stare off onto nowhere. I get closer to him and made a frown.

"You're lying. But that's cool." I nodded my head. I didn't want to push him any futher. If I did, that would make it worse.

Suddenly, music fills the entire house thanks to Lauren. If it was one thing that I loved, it was music. The gang enters the living room and begins to dance. Minutes later, I joined them once I realized that Elliot wasn't happy. Hey, everyone has those days.

The song playing was a girly song that Lauren would normally hear. It was her favorite artist, who was a really cute guy. Bella and Max were that typical couple that would slow dance to an upbeat song. Lynn was dancing crazily. Lauren and Eli were laughing together. From a distance, Elliot caught my eye watches me dance. I was totally dancing goofy which I knew it would make him crack up and it did. Elliot begins to smile as I dance. He was watching every move I did.

The entire night Max and the others continued to dance and ate pizza. Eventually, the social gathering moved to Lynn's place leaving me and Elliot alone. I kind of wanted to be left alone but due to the event that happened, Elliot wasn't going to risk it. He took me to his house for safety. He thought Caleb wouldn't come to finish me.

I did like Elliot's home. It was comfy yet big. I wondered if he was always alone in there since Bella moved in with Max. The hallways were like a maze that you could never get out of. The Evergreens were one of the wealthest family in Dark Woods.

Elliot followed me everywhere around the house, it was cute but annoying at the same time. I didn't say anything because I didn't have the urge to start an arguement with him.

Elliot occupied me with reading a book. I sat on the soft carpet floor that I wouldn't mind sleeping on. The fireplace was running which was big. Elliot sat on his chair while staring at the fire that was running in front of him.

"Do you like that book?" He interupted me from turning the page of the book. I looked up to him and nodded my head.

"It's amazing! I didn't know you had such a big library like this?"

Elliot sighed, "Yeah, I do. It was my mother's favorite place to be in." The way he spoked about his mother was in a sad tone. We both had lost our mothers, mine wasn't dead though. She left her kids without a damn letter notice.

He did a small frown while looking at the fire. I closed my book and stood up. I come closer to him. He looks up to me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"She would be very disappointed in her two sons." Elliot sadly says. He places his two hands on my waist. We continued to stare into each other eyes as the warmth of the fire embraced us. Elliot stood up and towered over me. He arms were around me now. His eyes shout LUST. His hand slowly goes up on my back.

"Elliot." I call his name. He got closer to my neck but stops.

"Yes?"

"Can I go to sleep?" I asked. Elliot quickly released me with a sad look on his face. His fingers run his hair and sighes.

"Yes."

I change my clothes into my sleeping wear in the bathroom. It was Elliot's old pair of sweats and a long t-shirt. Changing in front of Elliot would be to awkward. We weren't at that stage yet. I get in my bed and notice Elliot wasn't wearing a shirt but only basket ball shorts. He showed all of his abs and muscles without knowing it was a distraction to me. Elliot chuckled to himself knowing already. I stood there blushing crazy as I saw Elliot.

"Put on a shirt please." I blush.

"I sleep better like this." He blinks.

I shake my head, "I'm not getting in the bed with you like that." Elliot raises an eyebrow at me, almost like if he was judging me. But he had to know that I was different from all the other girls. I wasn't like the girls he had slept with or gone out before. Everything was my first time with him.

"Just get in the bed, Ruby." He commands. I shake my head again. Elliot gets out of the bed with a pissed off face. Crap. As he gets closer, I take a few steps back. His eyes were getting dark as he was getting closer.

"You look good in my clothes." He eyes me up and down. I never felt comfortable when guys would check me out. I never did. With Elliot it was different. I didn't feel comfortable, I felt nervous. Finally, my back reaches to the wall. Elliot approaches me quickly.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you, I promise." He whispers to my ear. His arms snake around my waist. I hummed in response and close my eyes. I feel his head get closer to my neck.

"You're mine, angel." I feel his breath on my neck. His lips touch my neck very softly. My hands were on his bare back which was warm. He stops and kisses my mouth now. He trails down to my neck and continues to kiss it.

"Elliot.." I whisper.

"Yeah?" His arms get tighter around me. It was like if he let me go, he would lose me. With what he was doing with me, I just couldn't form my words. I had my head looking up as he kissed my neck.

"I want you." I managed to say. With that he understood what I clearly meant. In a flash, he carries me in bridal style to the bed. He takes off the shirt that I was wearing.

That night was a long one. I will always remember that night. For it was the most amazing night that I've ever had. I got to see the side of Elliot that was hidden, his nice and caring personatily. I will always love him because I gave myself to him. I knew that only him could have what was special about me. I will always love him, forever. That's the problem.