twenty-one

Chapter 21

ELLIOT

"I'm sorry! I didn't fucking know it was you, okay?!" Max yells at Ruby.

"You almost killed me!!" Another plate was crashed on the floor.

Lauren and I just sat on the couch next to each other with plain faces. We were hearing their heated argument since the dawn of time. For me and Lauren it was awkward. She just played with the tip of her hair and stayed quiet. I just look at the clock and the picture they had. Bella comes downstairs with bags under her eyes. Her hair was like a bird's nest. She rubs her eyes and groans.

"Mom and dad left us because of your ugly attitude! I feel like I don't have a perfect family anymore because of you!" Ruby yelled at her brother.

None of us had the energy to get up and stop the argument in the kitchen.

"My ugly attitude?? Ruby, no one has a perfect family."

"We once did."

"Well you should forget about the past."

"It's all your fault. Maybe you should get glasses so you don't kill Bella too." Ruby had dropped the bomb. Now, I was about to stand up and calm both of them down. Bella was a bit shocked. Lauren looked back at the kitchen. There was this silence at the kitchen that made me not want to go in there. Ruby gasped and walked out of the kitchen with Max.

"I hate you! I hate you so damn much!! You're not my brother anymore, Max. You're dead to me!" She stomps back into her room and slam the door loud. Max groaned loudly and I stand up and walked over to him.

"She didn't mean it, Max." I assure him with a pat on the back.

He shook his head, "No, she does. I don't blame her, I've been doing a terrible job as a brother." Max sighed. Bella stood up with her arms crossed.

"I agree with her Max. You keep screwing up. You're nineteen years old, act like a man. Act like a big brother." Bella scolds him. Lauren stood up, "I'll go talk to Ruby." She went upstairs and into the hall.

"I hate myself." He walks out of the house and slammed the door shut. Bella wanted to chase after him but I stopped her with my arm.

"Don't go after him, he's needs time to think." I look at her.

"Elliot, he's going to do something reckless!" She worriedly says.

"Let him screw up. He's Max Summers, he always screws up."

Bella goes upstairs with a frown on her face. I follow her up there and go to Ruby's room. I softly knock on the door.

"Baby, let me in." I softly say. The door opens revealing Ruby and she was crying. Lauren excuses herself out of the room. I enter the room and close the door.

"All I do is cry and cry and cry." Ruby sits at the end of the bed. I hated seeing my angel cry hard. I hated seeing her like this, broken. I sit next to her and make her head lean on my shoulder.

"Don't cry, Ruby." I sigh. I take a golden necklace with a ruby gem stone hanging out of my pocket. I show it to her with a smile.

"I bought this for you. It's a ruby necklace!!" I smile brightly. I put it on her and kiss her cheek. I kiss her forehead and kiss the tip of her nose. I begin to kiss all over her face to make her feel good.

"Stop, Elliot." She giggles. I had my arms around her waist. I kiss her temples. I kiss the two corners of her mouth. Finally, I kissed her mouth. I break the kiss away and find her smiling.