92 | tyler

🌧🍃🌧
T

i sighed running a hand through my hair as you showered.

frustration grew inside me as i held the box. how had i forgotten such an important thing?
i'd plan this for awhile now since you've been healing but i never had the opportunity to find a right time. i didn't want to pressure you so soon after all that's happened.

"hey ty- oh, whatcha got there?" you broke my thoughts and i stumbled, falling backwards off the bed.

you bursted into a fit of giggles.
"i- i'm sorry." you could barely breathe and i could barely recover from that fall. "i- i didn't mean to startle y- you."

you wiped nonexistent tears and i think your smile alone soothed the sting of my back.

still, i find myself slipping the box underneath the pillow and crawling back in bed while you continue to subside your laugh attack.
"yeah, yeah. hilarious." i grumbled.

you reached over and painfully pinched my cheek, forcing my head to shake as you pulled. "watch it, mr. grumpy pants. it's supposed to be a good day."

i swatted your hand away, "well its starting off bad."

you gasped, "impossible! you got to see me when you woke up!"
then you gleamed and my heart tightened so much i'm surprised it didn't burst.

"i suppose so."
you huffed another giggle,
pressing the sweetest of kisses to the redness on my cheek. i'll blame it on the pinching instead of the blush.

"alrighty. well, i'm gonna take your sweater."
you got too distracted to remember what you asked previously.

"yeah, okay."
relief.

🌧🍃🌧

i like how some said no to major character death,,, but there's only two characters.
lol.

but i swear no ones gonna die..