Chapter 19

Stephanie’s P.O.V.

“We’re here,” Harry announced, untangling himself from me.

The fact that he had never moved and he was still living in the same house made me cry even more. This whole day has been so emotional, and this jeg lag was not making it any better.

Rachel and Niall got out first, then me, Elijah, and Harry. Rachel and I walked to the front door while Gemma, Anne, and the boys helped unload our luggage and carry it to the door.

“Surprise!” voices shouted the instant we walked in. I recognized the 3 boys standing in front of me from the few video chats we had.

“Liam? Louis? Zayn?” I declared, giving them hugs.

“Oh, my God, hey guys!” Rachel exclaimed from behind me, embracing them, too.

“A little help here?” Niall asked, under the pressure of our bags.

“Sorry,” I laughed. I stepped over to him and assisted him with the luggage, setting it at the foot of the stairs. Everyone else helped and we piled into the living room.

“So, are you done crying, Steph?” Elijah asked me.

“For now, who knows what’ll happen next?” I answered.

“How does it feel being back in your hometown?” Louis questioned.

“Weird, but a good weird,” I said.

“Is anybody hungry?” Anne asked us.

“Yeah,” we all chimed at her.

“Gemma, would you help me prepare dinner?” she asked Gemma, and both of them disappeared into the kitchen.

“So, Rachel, what would you like to see here?” Liam interrogated.

“Uh, I don’t know. I mean, the only things I know are in London, but…” Rachel replied.

“We can take a day trip to London,” Zayn responded.

“Yeah, or we could stay there for a few days. London’s big, I still haven’t seen everything I want,” Niall spoke.

As they planned the trip to London, Elijah poked me and asked to see me alone. He led me to a small family room and got comfortable on the couch.

“It was getting too loud in there and I just wanted to bond with my sister,” he explained cheekily.

“Aw,” I said, giggling and sitting down next to him.

“So, tell me about yourself! What do you like to do?” he asked.

“Um, well, I hate school, I’m in love with boybands, and I love glitter,” I responded in a completely straight expression.

Elijah bursted out laughing and I smiled. He had a hearty laugh, one that comes deep within the chest. It made it feel more homey in the room.

“I’m serious though!” I added.

“Well, now I know you’ve got a good sense of humor,” he replied, grinning.

“Me, funny?” I delivered, surprised.

“Yeah!” he responded. “Okay, what else do you like to do?”

“Um, I really love music. I’m hoping one day to become a singer. I’ve actually written a couple of songs,” I revealed. Oh, my God, I’d never told anyone that I’d written songs before. Rachel and Harry didn’t even know.

“Just like mother,” Elijah whispered.

“What?”

“By the way, dad really wants to see you,” he added. “Dad’s told me lots of stories of mum, and she wanted to be a singer, too. He swears she had the most beautiful voice in the world. She began writing songs after she met him, songs about romance and freedom. Dad believes they were the most amazing songs ever, but she passed before she could get them recorded. It’s no wonder you have that talent and passion.”