Chapter 39

Harry’s P.O.V.

“I think Liam should take this first part, I’ll take this chunk, and then it goes into the chorus with everybody,” I suggested, pointing out the parts of the music.

I was technically in my recording session, but I was done for the day and now working on a new song, also known as Stephanie’s surprise. We had somewhat of a song before but now I had a great idea for a different one, so I talked to my writing team about scratching the first and focusing on this one. For the past few days, we’ve been creating an entirely new song and I was in love with it. They thought it was a brilliant song and talked to management about putting it on the album, management said yes, and now we were figuring out who gets what.

“Yeah, yeah, that should work,” Steve agreed. Steve and August were the ones helping me today and they’re amazing. They’ve been doing some great writing for us to start us out and they’re coaching me on song writing, so hopefully by our next album I can write more.

“Okay, now the second verse,” August said.

“Liam and then Zayn?” Steve offered.

“Can I do a little bit of harmony with Zayn?” I asked.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Steve answered. 

“Okay, um, can you take it from Zayn’s solo then?” I questioned August, who was holding a guitar. He began to play and sang Zayn’s part while I figured out the harmony. 

“Sounds good,” August responded and wrote down the notes. 

“Alright, now the bridge,” Steve replied.

“Zayn, and then everybody, and then Harry, you’ll sing the chorus once and after that everybody will come back in with the music. Can you handle the high E flat?” August questioned.

“I can try,” I answered. August started playing the guitar and I took it from the chorus that was going to be my solo and once I got to the high note, I sang it with such passion that I surprised myself. I didn’t think that was going to happen. 

“Wow,” Steve delivered, looking at me with a shocked expression. I guess he didn’t know I had that in me, too.

“You’ve got it,” August agreed, writing it down.

“And then for the rest of the song, everybody will sing,” Steve informed.

“Alright,” I replied. “So now that we have that figured out, can we practice the entire song for the surprise?” 

“Sure,” August responded. 

For the rest of the time, August and I rehearsed our new song and I couldn’t wait. Stephanie and Rachel were leaving in a few days and I wanted to sing this to Steph before they left. Niall was going to come in and practice the guitar with August so he could play the guitar while I sang in front of our girls. It was going to be the most amazing surprise ever, especially since the song was about the ups and downs of our relationship over the summer, but no matter what, Steph’s the only one I want. It’s gotta be her. 

Stephanie’s P.O.V.

The last few days have been hectic. I did not want to leave England and Harry, but it was my choice to go back to America and finish out my senior year. I’ll be back in no time. 

Uncle Harvey and Aunt Christina were now my official new parents. Christina and I went to the town hall with the adoption papers and got everything figured out, so I was now adopted into another family. I know it seems weird that they’re my legal guardians when I’ll be 18 next year, but like they said, and I agree, I just want a stable set of parents that I can go to, no matter what age I am. I now have 3 families I can count on.