Chapter 27

Stephanie’s P.O.V.

Later that night, it was the most depressing time. The guys didn’t want us to pack, but I knew that my mum would be pissed if we weren’t ready. We couldn’t do anything about it; our mums were already on their flight and would be here tomorrow morning, and then my dream that finally became a reality is going to cease. My mum was never going to hear the end of this.

“Harry, stop, I have to,” I spoke. We were sitting in the living room alone and every time I put a piece of clothing in my suitcase, Harry would take it out.

“No, you don’t,” he whined, seizing the tank top I had just nicely folded.

“Harry,” I warned, looking at him.

“Stephanie,” he shot back. After glancing in my eyes for a while, he finally gave me the tank top back and I repacked it. 

“This isn’t fair,” Harry continued.

“I know,” I sighed. “But there’s nothing I can do.”

“Isn’t there anything we can do?” he asked.

“I don’t know, I don’t think so,” I answered. “Even if you really wanted to try, the question is what can you do?”

“Well, I know of one thing I’m going to do,” he replied, snaking his arms around my waist. Suddenly, he pulled me back away from my suitcase and hoisted us onto the couch, not letting go of me. 

“Harry, I have to pack,” I complained.

“No. Tonight, you’re mine,” he grumbled. I shifted my weight and looked at him. He softened and said, “Just for a little bit?”

“Fine,” I agreed, snuggling back into him.

“I won’t be able to hold you like this for a while,” he whispered. 

“A while?” I questioned.

“Yeah. I’m coming back for you. I already lost you once; I’m not going to lose you again,” he quoted, hugging me tighter.

“As long as you promise me that,” I mumbled.

“Forget promises. I will. Even if it means going to the ends of the earth,” Harry declared. “I love you, Steph. Don’t ever forget that.”

“I love you, too,” I whispered, closing my eyes and listening to our hearts beat in time, the surprisingly silenced cottage giving us enough to be together right now in this very moment.

A few hours later, I awoke to a still very quiet cottage, Harry asleep next to me. The outside world remained dark with the slivers of moonlight being the only source of light to see. I checked the time on my iPod and it was only 2 in the morning, meaning I still had about 12 hours until we were supposed to leave. Untangling myself from Harry, I stood up and padded over to the door, quietly opening it and slipping outside. The cool night air felt refreshing on my skin as I took a few more steps into the damp grass. Looking out into this yard gave me flashbacks of my past with Harry and I smiled slightly, remembering all of the fun we used to have. Everything was so different now and I just can’t believe my mum was being unfair. Why doesn’t she like England? She was born and raised here, but why can’t I be here? Is it something about me that she hates living here or something? Is it about my family? She didn’t even want me to go in the first place in fear of meeting my family, but why? Why does it even matter to her? 

These questions kept popping up in my head and finally I shook them out to remind myself that I’ve got Harry and his family and I have all of the boys as well, not forgetting Rachel, too. Even if I was only here for a week, I still had an amazing time reconnecting with my past and making new memories with new friends. That’s when I felt a wet drop sliding down my face. Wiping it off with the sleeve of my shirt, I realized I’m going to miss this place, again. But I’ll be back before I know it.