Chapter 22

Harry’s P.O.V.

I did it. I actually did it. I finally kissed her. I finally made my move and it seemed like she enjoyed it, too. Pulling away, I slowly opened my eyes to find her shocked, smiling, and blushing, basically like a shy little girl. She was so cute and I couldn’t believe it took me this long to figure it out.

Steph snuggled back into me and focused on the movie, our arms tangled up in each other. I grabbed the blanket beside us, which fell from both of us moving, and dragged it over our bodies, capturing the warmth and love between us. All of those late nights arguing and fighting with Jade was nothing compared to this. I’ve only been with Steph for almost 2 days and I’ve never felt this way. I don’t know what it is, but it’s like she’s my answer for everything. I still can’t believe I let her out of my life for a few years but I’m glad that I reconnected with her because this whole past year with our constant messaging and Skyping to now actually being with each other in the same country has opened my eyes to how much she has changed my life. I’ve always had a soft spot for her when we were young, but since we were so young, I never knew what it meant until I started talking to her again.

All of a sudden, the rest of the boys began getting up and moving about the room. I glanced at the TV and sure enough, the credits were rolling. My eyes looked down at Steph and she was sound asleep in the crook of my arm.

“What movie are we watching next?” Louis asked loudly.

“Ssh! Steph’s asleep,” I muttered.

“Oh, sorry!” Louis whispered.

“Aww!” Rachel cooed. She made a heart with her hands and looked straight at me. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her, to which she just laughed at and headed into the bathroom.

“Everyone knows you’re in love with her, Styles,” Zayn pointed out, standing up and stretching.

“Shut up, Malik,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Are you denying it?” he scoffed. I stayed silent. They didn’t need to know. “Whatever,” he said and walked over to Louis.

There was no way I could move with Steph cuddled up next to me, but I didn’t care because I was comfortable and satisfied. But now what was going to happen? Was she going to question it, sit down and talk to me about it? I know that’s what you should do but I didn’t know if I was ready to find out.

A few minutes later, everyone piled back in the living room and started the next movie. We picked out a hilarious comedy, so all of us were laughing our heads off. I tried not to laugh too hard because Steph was still sleeping, but halfway through, she woke up and realized what was happening. She focused on the movie and was giggling along with us, so I didn’t feel bad when all of us were practically rolling on the floor. We acted as if the kiss never happened, but on the inside I felt somewhat awkward. I can’t forget something like this and I knew we would have to eventually talk about it. Later, this can happen later. Focus on the movie, my brain butted in. So I shook my head and began chuckling at the movie again.

Rachel’s P.O.V.

Sitting next to Niall gave me butterflies. Honestly. I didn’t even know why! I’ve known Niall almost my entire life, so why was this so different?! I will admit, though, seeing him at the airport was the perfect way to enter into England and exit that stuffy plane. But there’s something more and I didn’t know what it was or what to do. I had only been with him for not even 2 days yet.

The second movie started and we came back in the living room, sitting on the couch I used as my bed. As usual, I cuddled up next to him and he threw a blanket over us, just like how Harry did with Steph. My eyes wandered over to them and they were so cute. Now that I had really gotten to know Harry, he’s a great guy and it blows my mind that they’ve known each other since forever. I was just glad that Steph was finally happy again.