Chapter 38

Stephanie’s P.O.V.

“Hello, is Harry here?” Jade asked, peering around my shoulder trying to look inside.

“Um, no, he’s at a recording session right now,” I replied. 

“Oh, my bad, I guess I’ll just come back later,” she responded with a smile and turned around to walk away.

“Actually, don’t bother coming back at all,” I expressed. She stopped and faced me.

“Excuse me?” she questioned.

“You heard me,” I said, standing my ground.

“Who exactly are you?”

“I’m Harry’s girlfriend,” I informed, giving her a sly grin. 

“Um, no, he’s mine,” Jade defended, stepping closer. Her eyes scanned my body and her expression turned to disgust. “And ew, why would he like someone like you?” 

Ouch.

“He likes someone with class. He likes girls who are pretty and smart. And he definitely likes a girl who can get it on,” she continued.

“How do you know what he likes?” I scoffed, fully aware of the lies she’s throwing at me. “You barely know him.”

“And you do?” she asked.

But before I could answer, a car pulled up in the driveway, both of our attentions on it. Someone climbed out, they waved goodbye, and the car descended down the driveway and sped away. 

“Harry! Perfect timing! We were just talking about you!” Jade slurred as Harry walked up.

“Jade? What are you doing here?” Harry questioned, looking from me to her.

“I was just coming over to see you!” she cheerfully said.

“What makes you think I’d want to see you?” Harry inquired. Jade looked surprised.

“Um, hello, I didn’t put this on for nothing,” she replied, showing off her dress.

“Go home,” Harry told her, stepping inside the house next to me.

“Harry, I just wanted you to see what you’re missing out on,” she tried. “Your choices seem a little weak.”

What? 

Harry’s arm slid around me and pulled me close and that’s when I knew I was wrong all along. He never was cheating on me. 

“And your decision of coming here tonight is the lowest I’ve ever seen you. You’ll never experience true love by dressing yourself like that and knocking on guys’ doors begging them to take you back,” Harry declared.

“Harry, we were true love until you dumped me for that piece of trash,” she replied, looking straight at me.

“I never loved you,” he delivered, leaning forward so she got the message. Jade looked defeated.

“But Har-”

“No buts,” Harry responded. “And speaking of no buts, you should get yours out of my face, okay?” 

“You’ll be crawling back to me soon enough and you’ll regret everything you’re doing now,” she replied, inching towards us. Jade turned her attention and spoke directly to me. “You don’t deserve him, honey.”

And with that, she turned and walked away, down the driveway and into the street. 

I broke free of Harry’s grip on me and ran through the house to the back door, racing out of it and down the yard to the cottage. Everyone else was still sitting around the campfire, but I had no intention of rejoining them after what just happened. I could hear Harry calling my name, but I was too mortified to face him, so I flew open the door of the cottage and dashed inside, running straight to the bathroom. Locking the door, I slid down the other side in a pool of tears.