Chapter 25

Rachel's P.O.V.

I really wanted to switch positions but I couldn't. My stupid leg has to be propped up and therefore I can't move. Why did I have to be such an idiot? I couldn't sleep because of this and also my leg was giving me so much pain.

Looking over at the clock, I saw it read: 1:34. I'd been trying to sleep for at least 3 hours now and nothing. I thought I was drifting off to sleep before but nope, my eyes just closed. My body was ready to sleep but my brain wasn't and it won't stop sending pain signals to my foot. Thanks.

I didn't want to but I had no choice. I decided to wake up Niall.

"Niall?" I whispered, trying not to awaken Harry or Steph. He didn't respond, so I found a pillow on the floor next to the couch and threw it at him. He jumped up and he was onto his feet in almost 3 seconds.

"What? What?! Is everything okay?" he immediately declared, really loudly, too.

"Ssshh! Don't wake up Steph and Harry," I scolded.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Niall asked, walking over to me.

"I can't sleep," I admitted. 

"Is it your leg?" he questioned.

"Partially," I revealed.

"So my kiss didn't help, huh?" Niall said, leaning over me.

"It did for a little bit, but then it wore off," I confessed, looking up at him. I could just see a tiny bit of blue in his eyes even though it was almost pitch dark in the room. 

"Will this one help?" he whispered. I could hardly make out what he was doing and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I had no idea he felt this way about me until I put it all together: the hand-holding, the snuggles, the note and kiss on the cast...wow I'm such an idiot. How did I not see it before? My brain suddenly switched from that to how I felt about him and I realized that he's been there for me almost as much as Steph has, even though he lives in a completely different country. He's one of the nicest, friendliest guys I've ever been around and I can't believe I hadn't seen it before. 

Just as soon as it started, he pulled away, but his face was only about an inch from mine. 

"Better?" he asked, smiling. I looked away at his stare but he brought it back with a swift move of his hand. He lightly kissed me again before standing up and lifting my leg up.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, my eyes opening up wide but then also wincing in pain. He grabbed the pillows from underneath and moved them somewhere else. "Niall! I need those!" 

"I know! Just shush!" he replied. I couldn't tell what he was doing and suddenly he was at my side again. "Hold on to me." I sat up and he placed one hand on my waist. I hooked my arm around his neck and he hoisted me up to my feet. This really hurt my leg but Niall guided me to the floor and laid me down, propping my leg up on the pillows he just moved. 

"I just wanted to make sure you could sleep," he whispered before lying down and throwing a blanket over us. 

"You jerk," I joked, turning my head to face him.

"Anything for my love," he replied. And cue the butterflies.

"I'm never going to get used to this," I told him.

"Well you better because I'm not stopping," he responded, scooting closer to me and wrapping his arms around me. How did this happen?!

Closing my eyes, I whispered, "Thank you." And I believe I heard an, "I love you," as an answer.