Chapter 8

Yume's POV
Finally, it comes to my all time favourite club which I really wanted to pass and also impress the judges.

The President of the music club was surprisingly Snow White, who introduced himself as Min YoonGi. He was staring at me, flames dancing in his eyes, and snickered,"I shall see what you can do. I won't let you pass that easily.""Ya!Min YoonGi! Be polite to her!"  The teacher pulled on YoonGi's ear and scolded. YoonGi winced and grabbed onto his ear, rubbing the ear that is slowly turning red.

"Yume, you may do whatever you want, singing or rapping. We will see your skills and decide if you are capable of joining this club." The teacher said, with a hint of nervousness as her idol is standing in front of her.'Ah! I can't believe it still! That my idol, the legendary Yoon Yume is standing before me! Kiyaaa....' The teacher thought, fangirling mentally.

"Hmmm... can I sing while playing the piano?" I asked."Of course you can!" The teacher replied happily.

I took my place in front of the piano, and placed my hands gently onto the keys. I started playing 'Can't help falling in love' by Elvis Presley (A/N: I knew this song from The Conjuring 2, and it was so nice<3).
*Please play the song on top^*

[Verse 1]
Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you

I gently played the piano, pouring all my emotions into it.

[Chorus]
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

The music room was quiet, only the sound of the piano and my voice reverberated off the walls.

[Verse 2]
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

My feelings were overwhelming, I released all of it into the song.

[Chorus]
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

I sang beautifully, feeling connected to the song.

[Verse 3]
Take my hand
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

I lifted my hands off the keys, and the last note stopped. I opened my eyes and found that my eyesight was blurry. I raised my hands to rub my eyes, only to find my cheeks stained with tears, I quickly wiped them off, embarrassed that I was too engrossed once again.

The music room was a complete silence as I remained in front of the piano, trying to calm down my flowing emotions. 'Aish... why are they so quiet, is it that bad?' I thought and lifted my head up to see them staring at me with wide eyes.

"Is it that bad?" I asked worriedly, as I stood up and staggered towards them."No! It was amazing!"The teacher exclaimed,"if you don't mind, can you play another piece?

"Hmm.. if you don't mind, I will play it on a violin." I said softly."Of course you can!"The teacher responded, nodding eagerly.

I went forward and grabbed the violin from Jun's hands carefully. I placed the violin on my shoulder and slowly played the violin. I played my all time favourite piece, 'Canon'(A/N I actually knew this song from a Thai shampoo commercial 😂)

I closed my eyes, feeling immersed into the melodious music that was filling my ears. I was totally held captive in my own music world that I started dancing while playing the violin without myself knowing.
*Do check out the song below, it is daebak!*

The beautiful piece came to a stop and I removed the violin from my shoulder. I looked up and walked towards them. "So... teacher, do I pass the test?"I asked hopefully, my eyes glistening. Although I am skilled in this area and have a high chance of getting in, I still can't help but be scared that I won't be able to.

"Yume, even though I can't wait to have you in our club, I still need to discuss with the others and respect their opinions. Now, if you would wait for a while..."The teacher said, clapping and chuckling nervously. I nodded and left them to their discussion, walking towards the different musical instruments in one corner of the room.

'Ohhh... a guitar!'I thought as I picked up the guitar from its stand and started strumming, testing the tune. Realising that it was kind of out of tune, I began tuning it before playing 'A Thousand Years', singing softly to the song. Ever since I watched Twilight, I became an instant fan(standing on Edward's team), and love that song. Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, those feels...(A/N: Ayo ladies and gentlemen! Any fans of Twilight here?)

I finished the whole song and turned to the group discussing, they were still engaged in the conversation, with serious looks on their faces as they shared their thoughts. Being the bored me, well to be more specific, the always bored me, started wandering around, looking at the instruments.

'Wah... there's a ukulele ! Let's try it!'I clapped mentally, before picking it up and tuned it. I started to play 'Titanium', nodding my head as I sang along softly.

You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up
I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium
Cut me down
But it's you who has further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away

"Hmph."Someone cleared his throat, making me look up abruptly, seeing them all looking at me with weird expressions, while YoonGi looked awkward for interrupting me. I felt heat crept  onto my face as I quickly put down the ukulele and stood up, dusting some imaginary dust on my skirt, embarrassed."uh... mianhamnida. I was was kinda distracted by the wonderful instruments here. Hehe."I chuckled awkwardly, as I mentally facepalmed.

"Nah. You were doing great! Yume, you are accepted into our group!"The teacher chirped and clapped, before giving me a pat on the shoulder."Jjinja! Omo! Naneun jeongmallo haengboghada (Really! Omg! I am really happy!)"I jumped, holding onto my spectacles as it was falling off, before crashing into JeongHan oppa for a hug."I did it! Oppa! You have to treat me later!"I chirped, clinging tightly to JeongHan oppa. "Arra.. but.. please.. let..go.."JeongHan oppa mumbled with great difficulty because of the tight hug and also because of our only 4cm height difference.

That day, was one happy day. I drifted to dreamland as soon as my head hit the pillow, and a smile never leaving my lips...