Part 5

Part 5

“Hi. Excuse me. Are you feeling fine now?” I drifted back to painful reality to the soft voice speaking to me, tapping me lightly on my cheek. I opened my eyes blurrily, the pounding of my head still there, but slightly faded.

Trish knelt beside me with a worried expression.

I yelped out loud, jumping to sit up on an unfamiliar couch, in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar house. This was one place Capcom never covered, but it was every bit of home that I would think a woman like Trish to have. It was clean and neat, and there was even a vase of flowers sitting by the window, bathing in the warm glow of sunlight. Trish didn’t look like someone who would indulge in flowers, but she definitely was keeping her vase of roses alive.

“How did I make it up here? I don’t remember leaving the taxi.” I asked, looking around with wide eyes as Trish drew up a short chair to sit beside me.

“I carried you. Are you fine now? You gave me quite the scare, just falling unconscious like that. I would have called the doctors, but I got the sense that whatever you were suffering from –it was demonic.” She asked worriedly, and while it didn’t really fit the badass Trish that Capcom portrayed, I decided I like this caring Trish too. There was just something charming about a woman with a fair amount of badass, balanced perfectly with a compassionate side.

“D-Demonic? But I’m not a demon!” I protested, but she shrugged.

“You don’t strike me a demon either, but for a moment there, I felt demonic power rolling off you, and boy, were you strong. I haven’t really met someone quite like you. Your power felt strong –almost like the half-devils back at Devil May Cry, but I don’t know how you’re still human now.” Trish admitted, eyes of green piercing through me with unmasked curiosity.

I tried not to squirm under her gaze, blushing up quickly. There was just something amazing at how my idol was expressing so much concern towards me when we were technically still strangers.

“I still feel human. I don’t know what came over me, but I heard the weirdest of growl echoing in me when my head decided to split itself into two.” I confessed, since she was being truthful and all honest. While it was stupid that I would trust someone I just met, I felt safe telling Trish my secrets. Maybe it was because of the fact that I knew she probably would keep my secrets.

“Well, that sure sounds like a demonic side to me. What’s your name, by the way? I’m Trish.” She asked politely, and I beamed at her.

“I know. I’m Leah Katherine Cartlier. But you can call me Leah or Lila.”

She gave me a confused look, seemingly suddenly on guard. It took a moment for me to remember that no matter the gentle and kind exterior she showed, she was still a demon, and still someone who killed demons for a living. She was still someone who was hardened by the world, someone who was still used to killing.

“What do you mean by ‘I know’?” She didn’t bother twisting her way around the subject, and I saw a little of Dante’s influence in that.

I considered lying to her, and spinning some crazy story of maybe how I found out about her and Dante’s services through word on the street or something. But it wouldn’t answer how I knew an angel, or much less how I was transported –supposedly –from my world into Limbo. It wouldn’t answer how I knew things about Dante and every one of the Devil May Cry franchise.

So I settled with the truth.

And prayed that Trish would be understanding.

_______________________________________________________________________________