Part 10

Part 10

It is a rare day that I have off from Freddi’s, and I was walking home from the supermarket with a small handful of groceries Trish hadn’t managed to stock up. She was doing quite a few jobs these few days, so she had come home dead in the middle of the night, washed up and just collapsed on the bed. I couldn’t blame her for working hard, and the only thing I could do was the keep the house neat and tidy and welcoming.

I hadn’t had anymore run-ins with anymore demons, much less Reece, but it remained a fact that I was beginning to get more of the echoing voice. At first it was once in a blue moon, but it slowly increased in frequency. It became once in a few weeks, and now it was becoming a weekly thing. The pain each time wasn’t receding though, and I was beginning to get a little worried.

Was what Reece said true? Maybe I really was harboring a demon inside of me? I was still reluctant to accept the fact that I was Sparda’s daughter, but I was willing to believe that maybe, by some crazy luck, I was nurturing a demon inside me.

I had got my latest relapse in the supermarket as I was queuing up at the counter. It had hit me bad, and I almost blacked out. It was only by pure chance that I managed to grab tight of the trolley, and it hadn’t rolled off, taking me with it. This time, the chanting had been angrier, faster and more forceful. For a moment there, I had almost wanted to kill everyone around me, until I understood exactly what I was feeling.

I was walking home worriedly, wanting to maybe get down to some quick researching. Maybe I could find a way to suppress this demon, or maybe find out what was wrong with me. Maybe I was thinking too much. Maybe it wasn’t a demon, just some concussion, or maybe something wrong with my mind. It could just be dizzy-spells.

My worrying was cut short when I tripped over a young boy, sprawling to the floor. Worry about a small scrape I got on my knee was forgotten when the young boy began to sob a little. Flustered, I picked myself up and turned around to see him on all fours, hands roaming as if to search for something.

Since the walkway had been pretty empty except for me, and the boy, I saw immediately what he was looking for. A cane that had fallen a short distance away. I took a quick look at the opaque black sunglasses on his eyes and came to a conclusion quickly as I rushed forwards to retrieve his cane.

“I’m so sorry! I was too caught up in my mind! Here, you’re looking for your cane?” I fussed quickly, gently helping the boy who was no older than five up. He felt around for the cane and I guided his hand gently to the handle, watching as a beaming, beautiful smile appeared when he was back with familiar territory. I felt bad immediately for walking into him. I could have seen him coming towards me, but he couldn’t do the same to me.

“Thank you, kind lady! I am sorry for walking into you too.” He replied cheerfully, and my heart brightened a little at the sight of such a pitiful yet so cheerful boy.

“Don’t sweat it. Are you alone?” I asked with a touch of concern and worry. What must his parents be thinking, to leave a blind child of no older than five to be walking around on his own?

He began to frown a little. “I was at the Supermart near our house with Mama, but I must have lost her! I waited where I was for quite some time, but she didn’t come back for me. I figured maybe I could walk back home and wait for her!”

I couldn’t blame his childish mind for wanting to prove that he could go back home by himself, but it was simply too dangerous for a young child like him, much less one with disabilities.

“Your mother must be worried sick! Do you have her number? I’ll call her on my cell phone for you.” I asked, and his face brightened up almost instantly.