Part 9

Part 9

“I am sorry to have scared you so with my exclamation, Lily. I apologize greatly.” Reece repeated again, bowing his head to show his remorse, but it changed no fact that he was still calling me ‘Lily’ when my name was Leah.

“My name is not Lily.” I tried to insist for the hundredth time. “My name is Leah. I am Leah Katherine Cartlier. Not Lily Sparda.”

Like how he had brushed me off for the previous hundred times, he smiled and shook his head gently, looking at me with pitiful eyes as if he deemed me a child who was unknowing of many things.

“No, Lily. You don’t have to be afraid. I understand that you have been brought up thinking that you are a human. But do you not realize that your demonic side is beginning to manifest? She is crying out for control. The fact that she can cause you pain is indication on how strong Sparda’s demonic side is within you.” Reece explained, as if he were talking to a three year old kid.

“I am not Sparda’s daughter! I don’t even belong in this world! I was brought here by an angel called Azazel!” I exclaimed, glad that the diner was closed and there were only the two of us, because shit would get real if someone else heard me.

“Calm down.” Reece advised quickly, in his even voice. Ever since his sudden exclamation as he found out about my ‘identity’ he had been nothing but confident and calm while I had freaked out, trying to understand what he was insisting upon me. It took him pure calm persuasion to bring me to sit down across him, to listen to what he had to say, and what evidence he had to point out that I –whom he had only met less than half an hour ago –was Sparda’s daughter.

“I am not going to calm down until you stop calling me Lily. My name is Leah. I am not Sparda’s daughter, much as I will be honored to be.” I insisted back in reply, and it must have finally gotten through Reece’s thick head that I was adamant about not listening to him until he gave me my identity back.

The demon whom I was still a little wary of sighed heavily and closed his eyes in surrender.

“Alright… Leah. Sit down, and we will talk things out.” For a demon, Reece was surprisingly civil, and not demon-like at all. I wondered if it was some effect Sparda had on him, or simply the fact that Reece probably wasn’t all demonic at all. Or maybe Reece was a demon skilled at illusions, and he was playing an illusion on me. Yeah, he could totally be a liar. He was a demon after all, and he hadn’t been afraid to declare it to me.

But I couldn’t judge him just for being a demon. I mean, Trish was a demon too, and she was still my best friend. So, despite my mind telling me to just chase him out and pretend nothing happened, I sat down and gave him a chance.

“Fine. Talk. If I don’t like what you’re saying, I will kick you out of this shop. And if you think of harassing me anymore, I will run to Devil May Cry and make Dante hunt you down. I have friends, Reece, who will be more than glad to shoot bullets into demons with no questions asked.” I warned, making sure he could hear my threatening growl. I wasn’t really being truthful, but he didn’t have to know that I probably would have to beg or threaten Dante for him to do anything for me at all.

“I wouldn’t think of lying to you. You are Sparda’s daughter, and I regard Sparda with the highest level of respect.” He replied, almost sounding insulted that I would think him that way. I gave him the dead-eye glare, warning him about calling me ‘Sparda’s daughter’ again, and he promptly gave a quick apologetic look –though it wasn’t very apologetic at all.

“Start from how you know Sparda, and go on from there.” I instructed, and he nodded seriously.

“I am a low-levelled demon. A level two, if you must. I specialize in technology and hacking is what I do best in. Hell is no place for someone like me, and I was caught by the wrong people. They threw me into prison down there, and I shared cells with Sparda. I had heard of the infamous traitor Sparda, and tried to kill him, then kill myself when it was clear that he was overpowering me.” Reece started, and I couldn’t help but let my mind wonder.