month 5

It was her appointment day to find out the sex of the baby. She has been keeping Lilliana and her family updated about the baby's health.  Dr. Riley let Arizona change into a gown and lay on the table. "You ready to see your baby today?"  "I'm just a surrogate" Arizona said expressionless. She knew she was attached but didn't want to admit it to herself. "Okay let's see if this baby is shy or not"  he applied the gel to her belly and started the little camera he pressed gently on her belly. "Ah, there's the baby" he pointed. " she watched stoically. "Would you like to know the sex so you can tell the parents. She nodded "yes."  "Well...congratulations it's a girl!" Arizona smiled at the doctor. "A girl!? " "is she healthy and everything?" .."She sure is. She's growing, just make sure you eat some more." She nodded again. "Thank you Dr. I will be sure to eat more and I'll let the parents know" he smiled and washed his hands at the sink before he said she could get dressed and check out at the desk... all this was a memory Arizona thought back on every now and then.  How she found out, calling Lilliana and her mother that night to tell them the news. ..she remembered rubbing her belly crying all night. Avoiding  interviews and phone calls...by the sixth month she was beginning to feel less sick. But so fat . As month 7 rolled around she was uncomfortable. She tried so hard to ignore how attached to this child she was. But sometimes at night, she'd sing to her baby as she rubbed little circles around her belly. Feeling her daughter kick at her . "You little ticklish girl" she giggled. Then burst into tears .