I'm Speechless

Simone POV

I wonder why Craig look so familiar. He reminds me of my brother from when my mom was alive, and I miss my little sister. Mauri was so cute but do mean. I remember when she got mad at me for calling her crazy. She was little when this happened. You know what, I'm going to look for them. They still resent my dad for leaving them. I wonder what he was thinking when he left them there to die. He says he can't sleep because of his past but I don't believe h-

??? : Simone, get down here, dinners ready..

Me : Yes, dad!!

I walked downstairs to see 2 plates of spaghetti on the table. Spaghetti with cheese used to be me and my siblings favorite dish until my dad started making it. He does good but I don't want him cooking anything for me. Like I said, I resent him. I sat down at the table, said my prayer, then began to eat. I could feel his eyes on me every now and then. He finally broke the silence.

Dad : How was school?

Me : Cool

Dad : What y'all do?

Me : Nothin

Dad : Do you have any thing going on at school?

At this point I was on edge.

Me : And since when did you care ?! Huh?

Dad : I have always cared...

Me : Like hell you did!

Dad : Watch your mouth before I-

Me : And what are you going to do? Huh, huh...call your co-worker, get on the phone with your boss, text your thots, send me to boarding school !!!

Dad : ....

Me : Thats what I thought, I lost my appetite (I pushed the plate of food away and grabbed my jacket and keys)

Dad : Where are you going ?

Me : (I mumble) none of your damn business...

Dad : What was that?

Me : There you go caring again.(put up air quotes then slammed the door)

I went Kams house my best friend. I'm going to see if she can help me find my family. I knocked on the door and almost immediately it was opened by Taylor, Kams sister. I guess shes just visiting because they don't live together.

Me : Hey, is Kam here?

Taylor : Ohh, shes not here, so when she comes back, ill tell her that you stopped by.

Me : Well can I ask you a few questions?

Taylor : Sure, come on in....

I sat on the couch and got comfortable. Taylor sat across from me. Then we got started.

Me : Do you know this girl? ( I showed her a picture of a baby girl)

Taylor : She looks familiar but I can't remember her name right now.....

Me : Do you know a Jamauri Hill?

Taylor : I know a Hill but not a jamauri hill.

Me : What is her first name ?

Taylor : Mauri, well we call her Mauri but she doesn't want anyone to know her real name.

Me : Do you know where she lives?

Taylor : Yeah, one street over then the house right in front of this one.

Me : Okay, thanks for your help Taylor.

Taylor : Your welcome...

Me : bye

I got in my car and drove to the house that Taylor directed me to. I got out and went to the door. I knocked and 15 seconds later a tall bright skinned boy with an afro answered the door. I think he was mixed with something but I can't put my finger on it.

Me : Hi...

Bright Skinned Boy : Hi, umm can I help you?

Me : Im Simone and I'm looking for Mauri.

BSB : Come on in, shes in the couch...Oh and my name is Jacob...

My heart was beating faster by the second. I can be in my little sister house. I got to the living room to see a familiar light brown afro puff.

Me : Umm.. Are you Mauri?

??? : Yes....

Me : Hi..I'm Simone...

Mauri : What do you need?

Me : Ummm..I was wondering, are you missing a sister?

Mauri : Yes, Why?

Me : Is her name Jamiel Simone Mayes ?

Mauri : Yeah...

Me : Mauri, its me Mone!!

By the way, that's what she used to call me as a nickname..

Mauri POV

OMG!! My older sister is standing in front of me after so many years. I can't say anything. I looked at Jacob and he was as surprised as me all I could manage to say was

Me : I'm speechless!! (while tears start to trickle from my eyes)