Chapter 4

HOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK!!!!! I screamed and fell out of my bed. "Gavin Lucas Shay!!!" I screamed. "I got you back. Now we're even." He said noncholauntly. I rolled my eyes and walked to my bathroom. I had about an hour to get ready for Zaye's party. I grabbed the outfit Zaye bought me yesterday and walked to my bathroom. I showered put on the Grey flowy crop top, white skinny jeans, and my grey converse. I decided I would actually do more with my hair instead of just straighten it. So I pulled out the curling wand that I got for my 9th birthday and plugged it in. While I was waiting I realized how uncomfortable I felt showing my belly button. So I grabbed a grey tank top from my closet and put it on under the crop top. By then the wand was heated so I started curling but only at the bottoms. When I was finished I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked decent for once. I heard my phone's ringtone so I went and picked it up. Zaye. "Are you coming or what?! 609 Wayward Boulevard" she yelled and hung up. (not a real address) I knew where that street was. So I left and walked to her house.

I got there and rang the doorbell. Zaye answered. "Hey Autumn! You look amazing!" I smiled and walked inside. "Thanks. So do you." She was wearing a red long sleeved crop top, without the tank top, high waisted shorts, and black converse. Her hair was in waves. "Nice party." I said. "Thanks, it took me forever to get it set up." She said. There was a lot of dancing, laughing, talking, and I even seen a couple making out in a corner. Which was gross. No one looked my way, I didn't think they would. After about an hour of dancing, talking, and laughing with Zaye I walked over to the food table to get something to drink. I grabbed a bottle of water and opened it. I just stood there sipping it and watching everyone have fun when Harvey walked over. He smiled at me. "Hey Autumn." I didn't want to be rude. "Hi." He poured some punch in a cup and stood next to me. I noticed that his face wasn't as bruised as I thought it would be. After about 20 seconds of just watching everyone Max came over. "Harvey! Carlynn really needs to talk to you about something." He said wiggling his eyebrows. Harvey rolled his eyes. "Tell her I'm not interested." He said sternly. "Awe, come on, she really likes you!" Max argued. "Not interested." He said. Max gave up and walked away. Then come back. "Oh hi Autumn." He said smiling. I smiled. "What's wrong with Carlynn? She's really pretty." I asked Harvey. He looked at me. "She's not as pretty on the inside." He said. I looked down at my converse. I looked up when I seen Zaye out of the corner of my eye. She mouthed, "Get It!" I just smiled and shook my head. Then a slow song came on. Awe crap.

I looked at Harvey expecting him to walk away and find someone else to dance with but he turned to me. "May I have this dance?" He asked holding his hand out for me. I didn't know what to do, so I just took his hand and nodded. He led me to the dance floor and put his hands on my waist while I put my hands around his neck. I looked up at him since he was a bit taller than me. Zaye came over with the guy she was dancing with and whispered "Your welcome." Into my ear. Then danced off. I noticed how beautiful Harvey's eyes were. Wait what? I quickly looked at something else. Then the song was over and something else started playing. Me and Harvey hung out the rest of the party. A bunch of girls were asking him out, but he was turning them down, I don't know why. At about 8:00 the party ended. I was walking out the door when I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I turned and it was Harvey. "I could walk you home, if you'd like." He said. I honestly didn't want to walk by myself because it was already dark out. "Sure, that would be nice." We walked not really saying anything, just smiling at each other. "Your smile is really pretty." He said. I blushed. Good thing it was dark out. As we got closer to my house I noticed blue and red lights flashing. "Is that the police?" Harvey asked. "God, I hope not." We walked a little faster. We got close enough to see that they were in my driveway. "Oh no." I whispered. I walked closer. I pulled out my phone and texted Gavin, "Come Home Now!" I had forgotten about everything even Harvey. All I could think about was why there was yellow police tape around my house. An officer came out. "Excuse me." I said. He walked over to me. "Can you tell me why you're here." I seen Harvey out of the corner of my eye move closer. "Are you the daughter of Linda Shay?" He asked. "Yes." "I'm sorry, but your mum is dead."

Dun dun dun!!!! Hehe, got ya on a cliffhanger don't I. Hope you liked this chapter!! Love all of you amazing peoples!!

See ya next time! Gotta Blast!!
-Annalee

Musical.ly @Lee_92403

"If God brings you to it, he'll get you through it."
-Someone special...