Chapter 9

Max Pov

I got up to get some water when I heard some crying coming from Autumn's room. I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Autumn are you okay?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"No, I'm not!" She yelled. She stood up and paced the floor.

"Hey, come here." I said gently. She came over to me and I hugged her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She said.

"Oh, ok." I said getting up to leave.

"Wait Max?" She called after me.

"Yeah?"

"Could you stay, just in case I have another nightmare?" She asked. I smiled and laid down on the bed with her. Soon she fell asleep. I started getting this feeling in my stomach. Butterflies? I think I like her.

Autumn Pov

I woke up around 9. The nightmare last night shook me to my core. Then Max came in and made it all better. He really is sweet.

"Max, wake up." I said shaking him awake.

"What, what's going on?" He said confused.

"Nothing's going on, I just need to shower. So, get out." I said.

"Ok, ok, I'll leave." He said getting up.

"Oh, and, thanks for last night." I said.

"No problem." He said and walked out.

I showered, put on some comfy clothes and put my hair into a messy bun. Now that school is out for the summer, no more stuffy uniform. I walked downstairs to see Tilly playing with Max.

"Morning guys!" I said all chipper.

"Hi Autumn!" Tilly said giving me a hug.

"Where's Harvey?" I asked.

"Somewhere, I'm not sure." Max said.

"Oh, and Autumn, can I talk to you, in private?" Max asked.

"Sure." I said standing up and walking upstairs.

We went in my room and Max closed the door behind him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, the thing is, I like you Autumn, will you be my girlfriend?" He spit out.

Max is sweet, but I don't like him in that way, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. I don't know what to say.

"Max..."

Ayyyeee!!! Sorry I left you on a cliffhanger!! I'm just evil like that. Hahaha, jk, jk. I would never leave you in a cliffhanger for long don't worry!

-Annalee

PS. Thank you Megans24s for getting me out of my writers block with this awesome idea!