Chapter Eleven: Letters to Harlow

They were in the same class. Harlow and Ashton had Science together, he sat somewhere in the middle while Harlow sat in the back. She was taking down notes and when she would look at the board, she would see Ashton looking at her and smiling.

She would blush then act like nothing ever happened. Their relationship was still undefined. They've kissed and were already acting like a couple but weren't. At least now, she didn't have to act differently, she was more open and confident than before, she's made friends and she's doing really well. She's realized that the people at her old school weren't worth impressing anymore, especially Chad.

She was writing in her notebook when the bleached blonde in front of her put a paper on her desk.

"Okay class, copy the notes silently." her Science teacher announced.

She quietly opened the folded paper. It read:

Hi. I really liked spending time with you and I'm looking forward to some pizza later, we'll get one with pineapples :)) 

-Ashton xx

She smiled at herself. Chad was never the type to send notes and Chad was the only boyfriend she ever had. She straightened out the note on her notebook. She wrote down another note and asked the same girl to pass it to Ashton. She did.

I liked spending time with you too. And I'm up for pizza :)

-Harley Jane

When he read the note, he couldn't help but smile. He was winning her over little by little. He folded the paper and kept it in his pocket. After they copied the notes the bell rang. Everyone quickly left the classroom. Harlow got out before Ashton so he quickly caught up to her.

"Hey!"

"Hey"

"So... pizza later ?" 

"With pineapples ?"

"With pineapples." He smiled.

She smiled back then turned on her heel, Ashton quickly grabbed her wrist.

"Wait, um... I know we're gonna get pizza later but um... do you.." he trailed off.

"Do you wanna have lunch together ?" He finished.

She thought about it. "Um, I was gonna have lunch with Kayleigh, maybe next time ?"

He smiled. "I could get used to this."

"Get used to what ?"

"You being nice to me." He smirked.

She scoffed. "It's the least I could do."