Chapter Sixteen: Savannah

It was already dark.

He was walking home by himself when he heard giggles in the dark alley. He stopped. He took a few steps back and saw something so innocent. 

A girl with big blue eyes that were so light and hair a deep shade of brown. She was already looking at him and smiled. He smiled back. He was just about to leave when he heard her sweet voice.

"Hey!" she called out and he noticed she was with a group.

"Yeah ?" he was just going home from a party which made him tired.

"Wait up!" she said as she pushed herself up and jogged toward him.

As soon as she was at his side, they walked together in a slow pace.

"Hi" she said.

"Hi"

"I've seen you around, yeah, you're the guy who's always hitting on girls" she laughed a small laugh

"What ? I don't know, you're sources must be-" he tried to explain but she cut him off.

"Dude, you've hooked up with the majority of my friends. I know." she said. "But screw that, I just needed to get out of there so I'd like to thank you"

"Weren't those your friends?" he asked her.

"Yeah, if you can't tell, I'm high right now."

He widened his eyes at the petite girl standing at 5'3" beside him. He observed her. It was hard to see under the city lights but her eyes were a bit red and she did look drained. She smiled at him playfully and looked down.

"Oh." he said.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have- I just- I shouldn't have brought you into this. Hell, you don't even know my name and you must probably be frea-"

"What's your name ?" he laughed.

"Savannah. I'm Savannah. Nice to meet you" she held out her hand and he shook it.

"Anyway, I just needed to get out and you passed by and you look like a good person. I-I just need someone to walk with, clear my head." she added.

"I'm glad you picked me." 

They walked home and he felt completely comfortable with this complete stranger that was high on drugs. But she was kind and sweet and she didn't make a move on him and he found it weird but nice that he had to chase her. 

There were other girls. A lot of other girls. And almost all of them, flings.  He just met Savannah and even though her eyes were reddish, even though she had just finished smoking some kind of joint, even though she came up to him completely out of the blue- he didn't dislike her one bit. She was funny and they had so much in common and they laughed a lot that night. 

Yeah, it was weird that they were getting along but they were. 

After what seemed like an hour of walking in circles, they finally took a turn to Savannah's house, all the lights were still on and you had to pass through a gate, then a yard before you got to the front door.

They stopped at the gate.

"Umm thanks, Calum. This was weird. I liked it." she smiled as she put her hands in her pocket.

"I liked it too. It was weird. But I'd most probably do it again." he laughed.

And she turned around to face the gate. "So, I guess I'll see you in school?"

His eyes widened. "School ???"

She smirked. "Yeah, we have English together."

He smirked back. "English ? Are you sure it wasn't chemistry ?"