Chapter Fourteen: Her reason

"So, what happened ?"

There was a boy. There's always a boy. But he was kind, and sweet and absolutely perfect. His name was Aaron and he had bright blue eyes and wavy dark brown hair. 

It was summer when they met. He thought she was the most beautiful girl and so it started. They had the time of their life, running away together, sneaking out at midnight, taking walks on the beach and whispering sweet nothings. They were best friends and so much more. Before they could make things official, something came up. 

He had to leave. He told her the day before which didn't give her much time to think. He told her he loved her and that she was the world to him and that he'd miss her and he said thank you for the most perfect summer. She cried. She didn't want to see him leave, she told him she would wait and he had told her that she shouldn't. That hurt. 

Aaron was the most sweetest, loving and adorable boy. Him telling her not to wait, was like telling her they weren't worth it. Yes, they were young but it was real. They didn't have a title and they weren't official but they were always together. He left her and she didn't even get a proper goodbye.

The day of his flight, she went to the airport to finally tell him that she had loved him too and he ignored her and all her attempts to talk to him. After a while she started to hate herself, maybe she wasn't good enough, she thought. Then she started to hate him and realize that HE wasn't worth it then she got angry and bitter then vowed that love isn't even real or worth her time. 

She told him every detail.

"Harlow ? I'm so sorry, he's a douche-"

"No, actually, he wasn't. I'm just mad and hurt but I'm okay now." she smiled.

He put the picture of the dark-haired blue-eyed boy down. He glanced over at Harlow who was now seeming far away.

He cleared his throat. "Umm... is there anything ... else ?"

She looked up at him suddenly. "There's a lot more..." she started. "but I'm kinda scared to tell you."

He got up and sat beside her on the couch, no one was home.

He looked her in the eyes and said. "Don't be scared, I'll listen."

She took in a deep breath and debated whether or not she was going to tell him. "I didn't want to be heartbroken again so I decided that if I liked someone... I wouldn't let myself fall in love with them-"

He moved closer and squeezed her hand and paused before he said. "Do you... um... love me ?"

She smiled at him. "I already told you."

"Oh, right." he smiled. "Continue."

"So when Chad asked me out, I thought sure but this is relationship wont involve love and it turned out okay until he cheated on me with my bestfriend." she cleared her throat. "See, if I was in love with him that would've hurt."

Ashton nodded. He looked at the brunette and smiled at her. "I see, I just hope you're not lying and that you actually do have feelings because I do."

She placed his hand inside both of hers. "Fletcher, I lied to you." she said as she looked down.

"What ?!" his eyes widened but he didn't let go.

"I was a bitch to you because you're just amazing not because  I was grumpy that I transferred schools." she chuckled.

"Huh ?" the drummer was really confused.

She sighed. "You're sweet, kind, caring and just the best. And you never gave up on me. You reminded a lot of Aaron. Guys like you are the worst."

"Wait, you were mean to me because I'm like your summer fling guy ?"