Chapter Seventeen: Love is in the Air

Saturday

Calum was taking a casual stroll with Luke when they saw Kayleigh around the corner talking to someone who wasn't in their view. Luke smirked when he saw her then nudged Calum in the elbow and raised his eyebrows to motion to Kayleigh.

The brunette grinned and nodded as they headed toward her.

She was dressed nice. In expensive-looking jeans and a cardigan over her shirt. She was smiling-and blushing.  They were about two feet away from her now and they could hear a bit of their conversation without being seen.

"Oh my god, I know right!" Kayleigh laughed.

"Well, I told you but..."

They couldn't hear anymore. Whoever she was with pulled her inside a coffee shop. Luke looked at Calum who was already looking at him and they nodded in unison and followed her in.

They entered the shop and saw Kayleigh-with a guy ordering coffee. Luke widened his eyes in disbelief. He gaped then looked over to find an empty table. He pulled Calum to sit down as Kayleigh and the mystery guy turned around with their drinks.

"Dude," Luke whispered.

"What man ?" Calum's eyes widened also.

"I know that guy-" Luke pointed at the boy with Kayleigh.

"Really ?Who is it then ?"

Luke gulped. "That's Conor."

Kayleigh and Conor sat at a table a few spots away from Luke and Calum's. They were talking, but if the boys were quiet enough, they could hear parts of their. They just sat there and observed the two. They started to guess why they'd be together today.

"Maybe they have a project or something-" Calum suggested.

"No, Kayleigh's not even in the same grade as him." Luke corrected.

"Maybe they've got a club together?"

"Not likely."

"Then I quit, I have no idea why they would be hanging out together." Calum pouted.

"I think I might have an idea."

Then while they were watching, or more likely stalking, someone came up to them.

"How can I help you guys ?" the cafe waitress said.

"Shhhhh!" Calum shushed her while they were still looking at Kayleigh whose back was faced to them.

"Umm, sir aren't you gonna order something ? or have you already ordered.." she looked confused.

"Oh sorry, we uh we were just leaving. C'mon Calum." he tapped Calum's shoulder.

Calum looked up at Luke who smiled apologetically at the waitress who smiled back then exited the shop.

"What ? That's it ? No flirty comments or winking ?" Luke asked Calum

"Dude... ofcourse not." he held back his laugh.

"Seriously ? What happened to ya man?" Luke patted his shoulder.

"What happened? " Calum smiled. "Savannah."

Luke looked... different. At first, his expression showed disbelief and a bit of disgust. But as soon as he saw Calum notice he forced a smile and shrugged. 

Sunday

She and Ashton weren't talking. Still. It had been a few days and it pissed her off. But she had a lot of pride and wasn't going to talk to him first although she missed him a bunch. And he missed her a bunch more.