Chapter Eight: Harsh love

Oh my god. He kissed me-straight up kissed me. This isn't supposed to be happening. This is what I was avoiding. I wont allow butterflies to invade my stomach and I definitely wont let him hear my heart beating insanely. 

So she pushed him away.Hard.

"What do you think you're doing ? You just saw what happened-" She shouted.

"I'd like to think that after what happened you guys are over." Ashton argued.

"We are. But we haven't even started. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't kiss me so suddenly."

"Okay." He smiled. "Harlow, I'm going to kiss you now."

He did it again. Ugh. No. Just stop. I shouldn't let this be happening.

"Stop it." She pushed him away again.

He looked quite confused and creased his brows. "What ? What do I have to do ?!?"

"What do you mean what do you have to do ?"

"What do  I have to do to ... I don't know. What do I have to do for you to give me a chance ?"

"Ash, I just broke up with-"

"So the wounds' still fresh.  I can fix it. I promise."

She sighed and sat on the side of her bed. An injured Ashton went to sit beside her. 

"Irwin... I don't want to fall in love and I'm not going to. You can give up now."

"But I don't want to give up on you." He argued.

"Why not ?"

"Because you're worth it." He smiled.

She smiled back at him. She didn't want to but she couldn't control it. He was being so nice to her and she didn't even believe that was possible. She could hear the sincerity in his voice but she would always stand her ground. But something about tonight made her change that.

"Ashton Fletcher, Love isn't worth the pain it brings." She explained.

"There are exceptions." He said as he looked at her.

" If I give you my heart... will you promise not to break it ?" Her voice cracked.

He chuckled. "My hands are pretty big enough to hold it "

And this time, she stared at him, just looking at the boy who now might hold her heart. She saw him differently now: Beautiful blond curls, bright hazel eyes and a smile that could go on forever.

And she leaned in to kiss him. If she was still in her old school and if she was still the same person she was, this would have never had happened. But she's different now, a different person. A certain drummer boy made her see how someone can be good towards her with no catch. 

After the kiss, they just stayed there, nose to nose, her hand still cupping his face then he laughed and she gave in.

"Okay, okay. I've gotta admit your laugh is kind of infectious." She said as she was giggling.

"That's the purpose!"

She changed into her pajamas and gave Ashton some of her brother's clothes. They were a perfect fit.

"So... are you feeling better ?" She asked.

"I'm alright. Just feelin like I've been beaten up but it's no biggie." He laughed and she rolled her eyes.

" Whatever, you okay enough to ... go home...or..." She trailed off awkwardly.

"Yeah, I think I'll be able to drive home in a bit. You alright ?" He asked, concerned.