Chapter Twenty-One: Calum & Savannah

A few days later....

The day they were going to start rehearsal. A monday of all days.

Luke hasn't seen Kayleigh all day, so he sprinted towards her when he saw her during free period.

By the time he reached her, he was already out of breath.

"Kay.." he said weakly.

"Oh, hey Luke." She smiled.

"Where have you been?" 

She closed her book. "Did you drop by my house again? I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you, Conor drove me to school today and yeah..." she trailed off.

"Oh... that's alright. Me and Aleisha just got worried. " He smiled as he caught his breath.

"Don't be. He's going to bring me to school everyday so you guys just go ahead." she explained.

Luke looked down at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Oh, and Luke?"

He nodded.

"I'm sorry about freaking out the other day, I was just... I don't know. You were right I should've told-"

"No," he stopped her. "you were right. I was being unreasonable, I mean, you do have a right to keep things from me. You don't have to feel obligated to tell me these kind of things."

"No,no,no. It's not like that. We can still tell each other everything." She argued.

"Yeah, we can." he smirked.

She rolled her eyes. "God, what is it?"

They stopped at the front of her locker and Luke leaned sideways on the wall.

"We have rehearsals later, Aleisha and I want you to come over if you want." he invited.

Kayleigh's facial expression softened. "Oh Luke..."

He stood up straight. "What? It's just for a few hours after school. At my place."

She shook her head. "I can't"

"What do you mean you can't?"

She looked up at him painfully. "I mean I can't go because after school, me and Conor are going somewhere."

His eyes widened. "Somewhere?"

She suddenly lit up and smiled. "Yeah, he said it was a surprise." then blushed.

"Oh okay,I-" he started but she already went the other way.

Then suddenly, someone came up from behind Luke and patted his shoulder firmly.

"It's okay mate, atleast you won the bet." Calum whispered then slipped a 20 into Luke's front shirt pocket.

2 weeks after that...

Savannah. That name, that person, that girl was all Calum could think about. She was lovely. She seemed to have forgiven him since the kiss... he thinks. He avoided her for 2 days after that then completely went back to normal. He talked to her everyday since then.

Then one day...

"Hey, coffee after school?" he grinned.

She shook her head. "Nah, I just feel like staying home. Maybe I'll have coffee in my living room." she said plainly.

Jesus was she bitchy. This is Harlow-Ashton all over again. She never did act 'nice' to Calum since the kiss. Just bitchy, but he didn't mind. 

"Oh, alrighty then." he winked before he left for his next class.