Chapter Twenty-four: Essay

Luke waited for the boys to arrrive for practice, he sat in a chair in the garage.

He stood up when he heard the garage door open, they've arrived. He immediately picked up his guitar without greeting them and he expected them to pick up their instruments as well.

But they didn't.

Instead, Michael and Calum sat in a worn-out couch by the entrance, while Ashton followed. Luke removed his guitar and walked up to them.

"Hey, what are you doing? We have to practice."

Michael sighed. "Cal and I were talking on the way here. . . "

Luke raised his brow at Calum.

Calum added. "We have to talk about some things man."

Luke sat down beside Ashton, who didn't have a clue. "What is it?"

Michael started. "Girls. We've had some bad luck with girls. And we realized something. Since the tour is soon-"

Calum continued. "We shouldn't have any distractions. Just hear us out. We are going to meet a million other girls on tour and we won't get much time for girls here-"

Luke frowned. "What are you getting at?"

Calum sighed. "You guys love them right?" he faced Ashton and Luke.

They nodded.

He continued. " If you love them, you gotta let them go. We realized no matter how this goes, they are going to get hurt. I mean, who wants a boyfriend whose a thousand miles away, always in front of ten thousand screaming girls but don't seem to have any time to call back home to see if they're doing okay? And the worst part, when the both of you get tired, you're just gonna end it over the phone or email which is quite shitty. Think about it." 

Michael looked down, so did Ashton.

Luke stood up. "Just stop with the bullcrap. We're going to be just fine. Let's practice.." he headed back to get his guitar, Ashton went up and sat in his drum stool.

Michael shrugged at Calum then they followed.

Meanwhile, at Kayleigh's residence.

She rolled over in her bed, trying to think about what to write for her essay in English.  She was alone again in her house so she could scream all she want.

Then the doorbell rang.

And she knew who it was. I mean, how obvious could it be? After she blew him off to come to their rehearsals, they haven't really hung out or talked much. And that just wasn't natural for bestfriends.  Ofcourse, he was coming to maybe catch up or see what's up and tell her all about their ordinary rehearsal.

And when she answered the door, she saw a blond boy.

A different blond boy.

She saw Conor.

He was beaming with delight when she answered the door. She smiled back.

She let him in.

"I hope you don't mind my surprise visit." he said.

She shook her head. "No, it's actually sweet, but I'm kinda in the middle of an essay so . . .  we gotta stay in my room." she said nervously.

"Oh..." he trailed off. "That's alright with me."

She sighed. "Come on, then." 

She led him up the stairs and turned to her room.  They both entered and she told him to sit by the bed since there were no more available chairs while she sat by her desk and started to type.