Chapter Twelve: Dates

Friday Night

"Kayleigh, honey, time to go !" her dad called out.

"Yeah, I'm ready, so is it just the 3 of us or you got another bae ?" she joked.

"Very funny, little lady. Let's go."

Kevrin Frauenfelder, CEO of Sydney National Bank, Father of two. He's a very busy man so whenever he could spend a day with his children, he'd plan it out and they'd go to a fancy dinner.

So that night, they did. He drove them over to a fancy Japanese restaurant. And just across the street from it, Harlow and Ashton were having a walk, and down the street from them, Luke and Aleisha were eating ice cream.

But none of them knew.

The Frauenfelders got a table and immediately ordered their meals for the night. After a while of catching up and bits of awkward silence, their food arrived.

"Mmm, sushi." her dad smiled as he picked up his chopsticks.

"So, how's life with my darling children ?" he asked.

Keanneth replied "I'm doing good at soccer, dad. We won the last game ....Oh, and Kayleigh threw up."

He rubbed his daughter's back. "Oh, kayleighcakes, are you alright ?''

Keanneth swallowed. "She's fine, she's just pregnant."

"WHAT ?!?" her dad almost choked on his food.

She handed him his water. "Would you relax dad ? Jeez, I'm not pregnant."

He exhaled. "Thank goodness. Moving on, I just wanted to say that I am so proud of my babies. I'm proud at you Keanneth for winning and I'm proud of Kayleigh here for not being pregnant." He smiled.

Kayleigh rolled her eyes.

They continued to eat their Japanese meal. Kayleigh started to go into deep thinking, then just gazed at her food, her dad noticed it.

"You okay ?" he asked.

"Mmm, yeah dad. I uh.. just got a question for you."

He nodded. "What is it ?" he laughed. "If it's about my dating life, I'm still single Kay."

"Well that's a shocker." she grinned. "Anyway, it's just ... have you ever been in love dad ?"

He swallowed his sushi. "Yes, despite having many lovers these past few years, I have been in love." He took a sip from his drink. "I was in love with your mother, then she left us." he looked down. He looked over at Keanneth. "Then I met Celia, and she was amazing and she gave me you, Kean. So, yes I have been in love but it hasn't really worked out well for me, but I'm still hopeful." he smiled.

"Oh" she nodded. "Why are  you still hopeful ?"

"Because, Kay, love is a wonderful thing. You should never give up on it because once you find it, it's totally going to be worth it, worth washing the dishes, the nagging, the sleepless nights and its damn well worth the pain." he exclaimed.

"It is ?"

"Yeah, love is worth a broken heart. It's better to have something than nothing and be completely empty."

She looked down on her plate.

"Is this about that kid, Luke ?" 

Her eyes widened at the mention of his name. "What ? No! I-"

"Because it's fine with me, he's a good kid."

"Luke has a girlfriend dad." Keanneth added.

Kevrin looked sympathetically at his daughter, he pulled her in for a hug then kissed the top of her head. "It's okay babycakes, you want me to talk to Luke ?"