Chapter 21 - Copeland

[Andy's POV]

I am completely smashed, whatever Danny put in that drink killed me. I cannot walk, see or think straight anymore. Surely it was not just a whisky, what Danny deals over here; well he gave me an introduction to it. I don't do drugs, I hate them. They make me sick. I'm lying on my small bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

- Andy! Andy wake up we have to go! Now.

- Ben? What are you doing here? How did you find me?

- Come on, someone's coming, we have to go! Now!

- Vanessa? Ben, what the hell is Vanessa doing here?

- She's here to carry you back to Other World Kingdom Andy, where you belong.

- No, no I'm not going back there, I'm not ; I want to go back to Lana and Denis.

- But you can't. You have to save me. If you don't Lana and Denis will never accept you. Imagine going back there telling them you have failed. They won't even let you in. You have to come with me.

- Come on Andy, we are not going to hurt you.

- I don't trust her, Ben, leave her, let's go now, you will be free.

- But I can't go now ; if I leave I will explode.

- What?

- Look!

I see Ben going away to the corner of the room. He glances at Vanessa and explodes inside out leaving pieces of his body everywhere across the room now filled with blood.

- Fuck, Ben! Fuck!

- It's ok, he can explode multiple times...

- What?

- I'm here Andy, let's go! Let's go the Queen is waiting!

- Ben! But, I saw you, I saw you explode a second ago, what the... what the fuck!

- Follow me, now!

- No!

- If you don't follow me Madeleine will put you back in your cage. Now come!

I get up, as quickly and stably as I can and start following them down the corridor.

- Footsteps coming, let's hide!

Vanessa opens a door with a lock and we hide in a blacked out room. The drugs and alcohol start kicking in really bad. I collapse on the ground.

I'm woken up by a stunning light right above my head. My eyes hurt, I cover my face not to be blinded and turn around. I jump back, seeing the corpse of a man on a chair, a bag on his face. I slowly rise, and head to the corpse. That's the man from yesterday, Danny killed him. As I approach my hand from the bag he jerks his head up, breathing heavily. I step back and go for the door.

- Who is this? Please, help me.

He has a very soft and high pitch voice. I hesitate and eventually turn around, stepping towards him carefully. His knee has been bandaged but we can still see the blood coagulation around the wound, no one has taken care of it. I slowly take off the bag, his face is bruised out, he must have been quite cute before, but now he looks miserable. He jumps off as he recognizes me, pulling on his restrains in fear.

- It's ok, I'm not gonna hurt you. It's ok.

- I told you, I don't know anything.

- No, I... don't care ; I'm not here to harm you. I don't know how I ended up here.