Chapter 28 - Masters and slaves

Remington drags me to a part of the house where I have never been before, where there is hardly no furniture, it looks abandoned, or not in use. I mean, the rest of the place is already in a poor state but this, this is just chaos. Where is he taking me? Can I trust him? For all I know he is a fraud, I know he is, he doesn't even know Danny and he is just trying to get us to reveal the location of the dope, making us believe we could ever get out of here.

- Man, I cannot understand how someone like you got into that shit. You had everything, the fame, the girls, you lived the big life, what happened to you?

- You don't know what I was or who I was. You had only an image of me.

- Maybe, but it was a rather good image, it was an image which made me want to act and become a singer, just like you.

- I'm not that person anymore.

- Yeah, that's for sure you are not. Now you're just a piece of crap the Serbians use for their leisure and amusement. The great Oliver Sykes who became a cheap – well sorry free- sex slave. That's quite pathetic for you. But Oli, this is where I come in, I can take you back to your old life, to who you were. I can make you become the great man you were once.

- To hell with that kid, I ain't going with you.

- Why? Why do you want to give up on this? It's because of her, hun, isn't it? I told you she can come with. I can get you both out of here!

- I will not tell you anything. And that's my final answer.

- Ok, I'll leave you in peace. But I'm still giving you overnight to think about this. Here.

He opens the door to a big room with a large and comfortable bed in the middle. The bed has proper sheets, something I have not seen for way too long now, and the room has some food left on the table. Of course, my eyes go directly towards the food which greatly lacks here. The Serbian hardly feed us and when they do, they give us the rest of what they haven't cooked or which has expired and makes us sick. I haven't slept a comfy bed in ages either, they usually make me sleep on a thin torn matress or most of the time just chain me up to a wall and let me sleep on cardboards on the floor. Funny thing, well now I consider it funny, the tattoo on my ankle has almost completely faded away because of the ring of the chain rubbing my skin constantly. It's not much of a consolation for me but at least they do not cut me anymore or tear me apart. It's strange how everything becomes relative when you live in such conditions, now I have made peace with the pain and humiliation and I somehow have lost all faith in happiness and humanity. But even though I think I will have one last glimpse at heaven and enjoy what comes right now.

- Take all the time you need. There is a shower in the next room, food on the table. Clean your thoughts, have some well deserved rest, and I will see you tomorrow ok?

I turn around and simply nod as he closes the door behind me and locks me inside.

[Remington's POV]

I'm confident, I know he is going to flinch. He will tell me, he will tell me everything I need to know. He just needs some isolation, get back to his self and he will reveal all his secrets like a cute little goat. And the girl, well, let's see what she has to say. I just need to get her alone and get the shit out of her. The rest, time will take care of. Ok, let's get down to the basement, act casual Remington, act like you belong here. It will be just fine.

- Hey, I'm just here to see the girl, is that ok?

- Yeah, go ahead.

- Thanks mate!

- I'm not your mate

- Yeah, whatever...

She is lying on the bed as I get in, she looks completely stone, but as I get closer she tilts her head towards me and sits up in a rush.

- Want do you want?

- I just thought I'd come down and talk to you, after I talked to Oliver.

- Where is he? What did you do to him?

- Nothing nothing, I told you, I'm not here to harm you, I am here to get you out.

- And you really think Oliver or me are going to buy this? Your elegant silver shiny speech of "hey guys, after several months of torture Danny finally decided to give up and get you back". Danny doesn't care about me or Oliver, all he cares about is the dope and there is no way he would give 50% away to get us back.

- Maybe, but now he has nothing, not you and not the dope, so it's all in for him.

- Ok then, if you come from Danny, how is he? Did his broken leg heal already?

- He is good, he is alright, his leg is almost fixed now. He is hanging out with Ben most of the time, they managed to escape. Be talks about you a lot actually and he is the one who want to see you again.

- Interesting, because the last time I saw Danny he had no broken leg...

- Well he must have broken it in the meantime you didn't see him because he was actually clutching around the place when I left.

- How convenient, right...

- Look you can either believe me or not, but I am here to help and get you out. And Oliver accepted to come with me already so if you have decided not to trust me, then stay here and go to Hell. One out of two is better than none.

- Who are you? Who do you work for? Oliver is never going to trust you. I'll make sure of that.

- No you won't. Ahhhhg, help, she is attacking me, help!

I try to make the scene look as real when the Serbians get in, by this time I have grabbed her on me, lied on the floor and put the chair away. I see the Serbians get in and grabbing her, tying her back on her bed as she is debating hard to get free.

- You liar, motherfucker! Go to Hell! You don't work for Danny, he is lying to you all! He is lying!

- What happened?

- She attacked me to break free I guess.

The next thing I see is them injecting a heavy dose of drug in her arm. She passes out the minute after. Ok, I think that I have isolated her for enough time now to convince Oliver to come with me and that she will come with. Her fate is sealed but she is of no use to us anymore. Time to call in the Master now.

- Master?

- Yes

- I have seen both of them. The girl is taken care of, she should not be an obstacle anymore. I think I have convinced Oliver to join us already, but I will be able to confirm this only tomorrow.

- And you bother me with uncertainties at this hour.

- I'm sorry Master, I thought you should know.

- Didn't I make myself clear Remington?

- You did Master.

- Then do not bother me again until the end of your assignment. Do you understand?

- Yes Master.

He hangs up on me without a word, his tone was harsh and cold. He was probably busy with another slave. He is replacing me, replacing me because of what I did. And I hate that.