Chapter 32 - Welcome

[Lana's POV]

- Are you ready?

- Yes.

- Very well, let's go. And remember, don't look at anyone in the eyes.

He grabs a leather leash and clips it onto my collar to drag me with him, the upmost level of shame for me. Once he's done, he signals me to follow him by gently pulling on the handle. I should consider myself happy to have escaped the humiliation of the gag. In the corridor I see all the Masters, some with their PSS, some alone. Overall, more Masters than Mistresses. They are all so well dressed and classy. We reach the ballroom, where the welcoming ceremony is happening. There is a massive stairway and speaker stand in the middle with a man playing grand piano like a virtuose. When we passed him I realize he's wearing a thin and light leather collar around his neck the sign of a Supreme Master's favorite. Everyone is greeting each other, taking seats, some of the Masters are wearing a masquerade mask, it is all very joyful and entertaining. I try to avoid eye contact with the Masters even if I desperately want to have a look at my surroundings. I sneak peek here and there, but keep looking at the ground for the most part. I see the Master taking a sharp turn towards a group of people and greeting them. Then, suddenly, everybody stops talking and start clapping. Curiosity drives me to turn around and look at what is happening. The Marketplace Owner is here. He's getting down the stairs, holding a golden leash with a man behind walking on all four. He is painted in black and gold. Both of them have long black hair, carefully tied in a ponytail. The Owner is a very tall man, with half of his head shaved. He has several spikes implanted in his head and is covered with tattoos. He has heavy black makeup on his face and eyes and very pale skin. He is wearing high platform boots perfectly fitted latex pants and a top part of his apparel is a black and white suit. He gets down the stairs like he's floating, his favourite carefully following him on his hands and knees. People, Masters and Mistresses are looking up to him as if he was a God. He passes the grand piano and makes a quick sharp gesture with his hand, instructing the piano player to stop playing instantly. He reaches the little stand, releases the leash and his favourite gets up on his knee in a standstill position. He stares blankly in front of him.

- Masters, Mistresses, slaves. Welcome. It is a great honour for me to have you on this cruise for the Annual Trade. One little word of history for you. On this very day 12 years ago the Marketplace was created. Since then a lot of Institutions, brotherhoods and sisterhoods have opened around the world lead by powerful people and followed by obeying slaves. So I want to thank you, for keeping this world alive for the past 12 years, for flourishing what I created, for your constant support and ideas. Thank you for coming today. Welcome to the Annual Trade and Auctions. Welcome to our world.

His speech was followed by a huge round of applause. He then got down of his stand and moved towards a group of people, probably Supreme Masters, passing by his favourite, still, without a glance.

- I have heard that the Owner has had some troubles with cash lately. He was caught by the government on all his Marketplace assets which put him in a very uncomfortable situation.

- What are you talking about? Have you seen the luxury of this place?

- Yes but have you seen the participation fee requested to attend? We paid for all this. And even in the Auctions, the Owner gets a percentage of the selling prices for his own personal benefits.

- Why don't you cut the gossiping. The Master said. He created the Institution, he made all this possible, is it normal that he gets what he deserves out of this all feast.

- So anyway, tell us who is your new PSS? I thought I would see you with your usual PSS, what is his name again?

- Remington.