Remember Our Love Chapter 16

I opened my eyes, coming around slowly to a new day. My eyes adjusting to the light spilling in from the window.

I moved my tired limbs gently. I was aching all over and the pain in my hand felt like a hot poker was being held to it.

I turned my head to look at.... Where was Tom? My heart dropped. He wasn't there! On his pillow was a piece of parchment.

Mrs Tyler, was written in perfect script on the front. I unfolded it.

Good morning beautiful,

Sorry I can not be there with you when you wake. I had to go collect something very important. I will not be long, as my heart can not bear to be away from you for even a moment longer than is necessary.

Even as I watch you sleep and write you this letter I am missing you but I will hold my resolve and delay stealing a kiss until I return, for fear I might wake you and never leave.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of placing your wedding ring back on your finger, where it belongs.

I know this may be hard to believe but I love you even more now than I did when we married. I would never have thought it possible but it is true.

Thank you for being my wife and sharing your life with me, being a wonderful mother to our children but most of all, thank you for waiting for me. I am the happiest and luckiest man in the world to have you back in my arms where you belong.

I love you.

Forever yours and yours alone,

Your Husband, Captain Tom, Your Pirate Captain.

I looked at my hand and there is was my wedding ring back where he had placed it the day we got married. My heart glowed.

I kissed the letter and lay there smiling. I turned and hugged his pillow to me, breathing in his scent. He was so wonderful! I love him, I love him, I love him! Ahhh!

Eventually I ventured down to the kitchen. Virginia was baking.

"Good morning," I said smiling broadly.

She giggled and smiled back. "Well there is no need to ask you what you are smiling about," Virginia said.

"What do you mean?" I asked momentarily confused.

She cleared her throat and smiled, wiggling her eye brows at me.

I blushed and giggled. "Oh my god was I noisy!" I asked embarrassed.

"Oh Ella you have nothing to be embarrassed about everyone is so happy for you both," she said.

"Everyone!" I gasped. "Oh no!" I closed my eyes to hide as I remembered my father was here.

She laughed. "Come get some breakfast inside you," she said.

"Yeah you need to keep your strength up," Michael said as he walked into the kitchen, smiling at me.

"Don't embarrass me, your wife has already done a good enough job of that," I said.

"What are you going to do about it, set your husband on me?" he said with a wink.

"Yes," I laughed. I was in such a giggly mood.

"Like he has any energy left to defend you," he said and hid behind Virginia as I went to smack him playfully. We all laughed.

I ate some breakfast and went to for a walk on the beach with Michael and Virginia whilst my father was treating his mother.

"How is your hand?" Michael asked.