Remember Our Love Chapter 10

I put the children to bed early as Robert was furious with them. They were caught playing on the exact same rocks they fell in from yesterday and nearly drowned.

When I say I put them to bed... I tucked them in as Michael and Robert had dragged them in and up to their beds kicking and screaming as Tom and I looked on.

"DO NOT LET ME CATCH YOU ON THOSE ROCKS EVER AGAIN!" Robert yelled. "DO YOU HEAR ME...EVER!"

Rosie screamed in temper proving there was nothing wrong with her lungs and Tom sat with me in shock, both sick to our stomachs that we had literally came into the bar to start a fire for the evening and they had gone on the rocks they had fell from yesterday.

"We need to get something up on those rocks to stop her being able to get on them," Robert said. "Thomas won't do it again after the telling off they have just had but she will," he said to the crew.

"That is my rock!" Rosie screamed at the top of the stairs before running back into the bedroom as her grandfather hurried up the first few steps to chase her back in. "It's my rock!" she screamed.

"I have some timber on my ship, we could build something," Frank said above her noise.

"I will trade you for it," Robert said.

"No don't worry, it was a gift for Ella as she needed some repairs and a new outhouse. Maybe we should build in there to block off how she is getting on it. If we build a fence she will just climb over or through it," Frank said. "At least with a building..."

"I'll burn it down!" she yelled at the top of the stairs again making half the bar cover their mouths so as not to laugh including Tom and I.

"GET IN THAT ROOM!" Robert growled.

"THAT'S MY ROCK!" she screamed with all her might. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF IT OR I WILL TURN YOUR SHIPS TO ASHES!"

Gasps filled the room at such a threat. She had crossed the line.

"Men load the canons and shot that rock to dust," Robert ordered.

"Yes Captain," they said and walked out of the bar as she screamed hysterically.

It went silent all of a sudden and everyone held their breath. Robert took to the stairs and into the room.

"Where is she?" he asked Thomas. "ROSIE!" he yelled.

"She's gone out the window again," Frank said rolling his eyes and all his men ran out with him. Robert and Michael not far behind but telling Tom to stay in the bar.

"She knows no fear," Tom said as he watched from the door almost in awe of her but also feeling left behind which was a reminder of just how ill he still was.

It took less than a minute to hear her screaming again and the sound of her disappearing into the distance.

Robert returned to the bar breathless and angry.

"She is just like her grandmother, little bloody pirate!" Robert fumed as he walked over to the fire place and stared in it, his mind consumed with thoughts of his wife.

"Where is she?" Tom asked Frank as he returned.

"The Brigg, under guard as she is a bugger at getting free," he said.

"The Brigg," Tom repeated alarmed.

"Don't worry Michael is on first watch," Frank said. "As soon as she falls asleep we will bring her back in."

"Or would you rather she drowned?" his father asked.

"Of course not," Tom said.

"It never did you any harm as a child," he added.