25|Proud Is An Understatement

Natalia woke up the next day with a heavy heart. With everything that had happened the night before, she just didn't know what to do.

True to his word, Tyler was gone. Jessie had texted her after she had dropped him off at the airport. But Natalia still knew nothing about Chase's call. He hadn't attempted to make any contact with her since the first time, and Natalia was too scared to call him again.

She was afraid that if she did, he would drag her back to Las Vegas.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when her phone rang. Kylie's name popped up on her screen, and Natalia cleared her throat before answering.

"Nat! Thank god you picked up," Kylie said.

"Why wouldn't I pick up," Natalia asked in confusion.

"Because," Kylie seemed to hesitate a bit, but eventually began again, "you tend to fall off the face of the earth when you're upset."

"I'm not upset," Natalia insisted.

"Sure," Kylie sarcastically said, "Say that after you post a cryptic picture on Instagram and ignore everyone's calls."

"I ignored everyone's calls because I was trying to get homework done," Natalia lied, "and my picture was not cryptic."

"That's not the point," Kylie groaned, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Natalia said, "I'm totally fine."

"I'm warning you right now. I'm only dropping this because of how important today is for Adriana. We'll continue this tomorrow," Kylie warned.

"Speaking of Adriana, is she nervous," Natalia asked, completely ignoring Kylie's statement.

"It's her first runway," Kylie said, "She's dealing as best as she can."

Natalia hummed in understanding, "She'll be fine. Adriana's a pro at handling pressure."

"Tell her that," Kylie laughed, "She's been up since 5 in the morning and went for a run. Then came back with coffee. She came with two, so I thought one was mine. But she told me off when I grabbed one."

"Yikes," Natalia laughed, "Sounds like you're going to have an eventful day."

Natalia heard yelling in the background and then a smack.

"I'm going to have to talk to you later," Kylie said into the phone, "Adriana is a complete- ADRIANA HUNT! Stop!"

Then line cut off and Natalia began to laugh at her best friends.

Adriana, who was normally very calm and collected, clearly wasn't handling the pressure as well as Natalia would've thought. It was her first runway show, and she had managed to get an invite for everyone to go, even Anthony.
-
-
-
Natalia waited in her parked car outside Kris and Jessie's. As she waited, she opened up her phone to find a notification from Instagram. She opened the app and realized it was a DM from Kylie.
---------------
Girls 👅💖💋

KylieMontgomery sent a post from TylerDelp