48|Mystery In Arizona

Jessica Delp was always an early bird. She got up every morning at unnatural times just because, and was always naturally happy.

So when she woke Kris up at six in the morning their first day in Arizona, he wasn't the least bit surprised, but that didn't mean he was happy about it.

But something he had learned after being with Jessie for so long: she always wins their arguments (maybe it was something she had picked up from Natalia, but there was really no telling). So he dragged his large frame out of bed just to make his fiancé happy and met her downstairs of their Arizona penthouse.
-
-
-
"What's so funny," Kris asked Jessie as he watched her giggle and calm down only to giggle again.

"Memes," Jessie simply answered as she finally put her phone away and looked around the juicery they were in.

"That's all I get," Kris joked. "You're dying for like 5 minutes and all you want to say is 'memes?'"

"What can I say? Natalia sends really funny memes into the group chat," Jessie shrugged.

"What? I never got any memes," Kris asked as he looked at his iPhone that displayed an empty notifications screen.

"It's our own girl group chat," Jessie teased. "You and Mase aren't in it."

"Wow, some friends you-"

Kris cut himself off as Jessie held her hand up and he looked at her in confusion. She was looking outside the big glass window in the cafe in shock. He followed her gaze in confusion, but still didn't get it as he looked back at her.

"What is it," Kris asked in confusion as he looked from the window to Jessie.

"I just-," Jessie looked back at her fiancé and said, "I just thought I saw someone I knew."

Kris raised a brow at his fiancé and gestured for her to go on. When she didn't say anything more, he sighed and said, "Jess, we agreed as all of us, not just us, that we weren't going to keep secrets anymore. It's not healthy, and look what comes out of it."

"Are you trying to guilt trip me," Jessie incredulously asked.

Kris immediately dropped his concerned face and sent a smile her way as he said, "Depends. Is it working?"

Jessie couldn't help the laugh that came from her as she said, "Well played, Bryant."

"That's going to get confusing when we have the same last name."

Jessie smiled at his words as she looked at the glittering diamond on her ring finger.
-
-
-

AdrianaHunt| sad that my face mask buddy isn't here anymore, but so so excited for baseball season to start up again ! 💙🐻❤ [tagged: JessDelp]1,462,582 likes|244,783 comments

1,462,582 likes|244,783 comments