45|Dinner Date

"I hate her," Natalia groaned as she and Jessie walked through the empty streets of Chicago.

It was only 5:15 am, and the city was uncharacteristically empty as the two ran around the neighborhood.

"She just popped in out of nowhere and now seems to think she can stay. Like we're friends or some crap," Natalia complained as she furrowed her brows just thinking about Savanna.

"Has she done anything since getting here," Jessie asked. "I've hardly seen her."

"Well, I've seen enough to last a lifetime," Natalia said with a roll of her eyes. "Anthony and I went out to breakfast yesterday and she just happened to be there. She sat there just observing for like 20 minutes. Then on Monday, Anthony took me to class, and she was just there. She doesn't even go to school here!"

"Is she following you or something," Jessie asked with a small laugh.

"It's not funny, Jess. In case you're forgetting, this is the same girl whose hair you pulled because she made a pass at Kris. This is also the same girl who Chase cheated on me with. She has no sense of boundaries," Natalia huffed.

"Okay, okay," Jessie said as she raised her hands up. "I get what you mean, but maybe you're being paranoid because of all of that. Besides, Anthony wouldn't pay her the time of day."

"It's not him I'm worried about. It's the devil who wears Chanel and has blonde hair," Natalia muttered.

"Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about Catherine," Jessie joked as Natalia pushed her.

"Kidding," Jessie giggled. "But I guess I see what you mean. She made it seem like she's just passing through on her way to New York."

"Most layovers are at most a few hours. Never a week," Natalia said.

"Hopefully she'll be gone before we know it," Jessie sighed.
-
-
-
"So Chinese food or Italian," Anthony asked Natalia as they walked around the city.

"It doesn't matter," Natalia shrugged as she looked straight ahead.

"You normally jump at the chance to have Chinese food. Are you okay," Anthony asked her.

"Fine," Natalia said as she finally turned to smile at him. "I'm just tired. I've had a lot of stuff to do with school and then the wedding. There's just a lot on my plate right now."

"Don't-"

"Natalia? Anthony? Is that you," yelled none other than the girl who seemed to be haunting Natalia.

"Yep," Natalia said as she fake smiled at the girl as she stood in front of them.

"Oh my god! We have to stop running into each other like this," Savanna giggled. "Where are you two headed?"

"Home," Natalia said before Anthony could say anything else.

"Oh that's too bad," Savanna pouted. "I was just looking for a pizza place and got lost. I wanted to try a real Chicago pizza before I left."

As usual, Savanna got what she wanted when Anthony pointed her in the direction of a fairly good pizza parlor down the street.

"Well, I guess I'll see you both some other time," Savanna sighed as she clutched her bag in her gloved hands.

Natalia gave her a tight lipped smile as she grabbed Anthony's hand and tried to go forward.