Chapter 18: Nightmare

"GET OUT OF HERE." Someone grabbed my hair and threw me against the lockers.

"WHY DID YOU COME BACK?!" Another person yelled.

"EVERYTHING WAS JUST FINE WITHOUT YOU."

"NO ON LIKES YOU HERE." Someone punched me in the stomach. I was pushed against the lockers one more time but hitting the back of my head really hard.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" Someone took my hair and threw me down the ground.

"CRAZY. CRAZY. CRAZY." Everyone chanted, and I see someone's foot coming towards my face.

"NOOOOO!" I screamed as I shot up from my sleep. I was sweating like crazy, and I see the pillows all over the floor. I looked outside of my hotel room's window and it's still night time. "Shit." I moaned.

Then I heard a bunch of people fumbling, and yelling, "LANI!" The door shot opened and I see Uncle Ben and the guys breathing heavy.

"Sorry..." I sighed, turned on the lights, and put my scarred wrist under the blanket, "Um...bad dream."

"Another one?" Uncle Ben sighed as he walked towards my bed, and sat down next to me.

I nodded, and sighed, "I'm sorry for waking you guys. I'm just-" I covered my face then wiped off some sweat, "I'm just stressed. That's all."

"Don't apologize, Lani." Michael smiled at me, "Just get some sleep."

I looked at Luke, and he was just rubbing his eyes, completely ignoring me as usual.

"Want me to get some water for you?" Uncle Ben asked.

I shook my head, "No, it's okay."

He nodded, and got up, "Welp, I'm getting some since I am wide awake. Wanna join me, boys?"

They went out with him, but I called out, "Ash!" Ashton stopped and looked back, "Yeah?"

I sighed, "Actually, never mind.."

Ashton shook his head, and giggled, "Come on, Lani."

I groaned, "Fine. Can you stay with me again? I thought I could handle sleeping by myself, but.."

"Yeah, sure." Ashton cut me off, and closed the door.

Ever since Luke and I took some time apart, Ashton has been there for me to take Luke's place. He's been sitting next to me, and comforting me since some girls were still tweeting about me. It gotten worse over some time, and now the girls are commenting about the pictures I posted. Like at today's performance, they were saying that they sucked and that anyone could do it so me being there is useless.

"Don't listen to them, Lani." Ashton said when he was rubbing my back for comfort, "They just have nothing else better to do." I was sobbing to him when I saw these things.

"But why me?" I cried, "I did nothing to them."

"That's because they're threaten by you, Lani. You have things that they don't have so they try to bring you down to make they can feel better."

"God, that's so stupid.." I groaned, and he chuckled, "People are stupid sometimes."

I asked him and the guys on why Luke wanted sometime apart and they just told me to wait for the right answer to come, whatever that means. I tried talking to Luke but he would just shrug and nod as a response. I stop trying after a while since obviously he doesn't really care anymore. I mean, Ashton is awesome and all, but it's not the same. Everything is so different with Ashton. His scent, his arms around me, his laugh even though it's the cutest thing ever, it's just not the same.