Chapter 22

~ No One's P.O.V~

Lucy was trying to make sure she wasn't asleep and that she heard him correctly. 

"W-what did you just say?"

"Come on Luce. Don't make me say it again. It was hard enough the first time."  He said with red cheeks.

Lucy moved her elbows from the table and sat back in her chair. Her eyes didn't move from Natsu and Natsu could get a response from her. He tried waving his hand in front of her face but still no response from her. It didn't seem like anything was going to pull her out of her thoughts. 

When she opened her eyes again she was back in Michelle's bed. 

"W-what happened?"She asked her self while rubbing her eyes.

Yukino walks into the room. Surprised to see her awake. "You're up? What happened to you last night?" She ask.

"Last night?"

"Yes. Last night. Remember you and Natsu talked and you kick me and Sting out. Something had to have happened or.. why else you would have acted like that? I mean you spaced out during your talk and Natsu thought you were tired so he took you up to bed. He couldn't get your attention at all."

Lucy sat there in silence taking in what Yukino said to her. 

"Lucy?" Yukino walk up to her and waved her hand in front of her face. "Lucy! Answer me. Lucy, I  want to know what you talk with him about? Hello? Earth to Lucy?" Yukino said. 

"Natsu confessed to me." She mumbled to her.

Yukino's eye's widened. "W-what did you just say?" As she quickly help Lucy sit up in the bed.

Lucy turn her head towards her with shocked look on her face. "Natsu... c-confessed to me. L-Last night. He... he said that he like me."

Yukino let go of Lucy and put her hands to her face trying to hide her grin. Lucy fell backwards (safely) back onto her pillow. Lucy told Yukino everything that had happened last night. How she thought it was a dream but, it wasn't a dream at all. Yukino squealed in delight. Lucy just kept looking up at her ceiling still picturing what happened last night. She was to busy to notice Yukino's phone ring. She didn't even bother to look over at her when she answered it.

It wasn't until Yukino put the phone up to her ear that Lucy snap out of it.

"Luce?" He called out.

"H-hello? N-Natsu." She said as her heart rate began to beat faster.

"Hey Luce. I'm glad to know you came back down to earth or whatever happened to you last night."

"Y-yeah... sorry about that."

"It's alright. Well... I was just wondering that.... if, if you would like to go and eat lunch with me. I mean that is if you are sure that you are alright." He ask.

"Uh..." Everything was running back again through Lucy's head.

"Luce? Hello? Did I lose ya? Luce? Lucy."

"L-lunch? I-I'm here Natsu sorry. I just spaced out."Lucy look over at Yukino. She was shaking her head up and down vigorously. "Y-yeah. I can do lunch."

"Great! I'll see you at 11:30." He said excitedly.

"O-okay. See you then."

The phone line disconnected after. But Lucy kept the phone tightly in her hand.

"He is coming to get me at 11:30 for lunch." She told Yukino and her response was a loud squeal.

"Do you know what this means Lucy?"