Forever and Always - Part 18

"No, no, no, no, Clove!" I screamed. "No, come on!"

I began doing CPR. I didn't know what else I could do. Glimmer comes running out of the woods as I was doing CPR. She runs up to us and pulls out some random materials.

"This might help." She says while she places a weird looking rock wrapped in wire on Clove's chest. The end of the wire goes on and on and deep into the woods.

"What is that?" I ask her.

"The dome around the arena has a special force field, Marvel is at the edge of the area with the other end of this wire, I'm going to tug on the wire and he's going to touch the fore field, it'll send an electric shock through it and it will act as a defibrillator, starting her heart up again." She explained.

"But what about Marve-" I begin as she yanks the wire and puts the rock on Clove's chest and a bright electrical current shoots through it and Clove gasps back to life. A cannon goes off, but it wasn't Clove, it was Marvel.

"Clove!" I scream with excitement. "Clove, your heart stopped but it's working again!" I cry over her. Her eyes are having a hard time staying open and her breath hitches.

"Cato?" She whispers.

"Yes, Clove?"

"I just wanted to say I love you before I die." She says, obviously having a difficult time talking.

"I love you, too." I whisper and kiss her forehead.