Chapter 10 : He and Him

The final stage is about to start in only few minutes. Taehyung is anxious as he can't find Chaeyoung since the announcement for the final. He goes to the backstage, searching for particular black-haired girl but no, there's no Chaeyoung there. He decides just to sit back with the gang but as soon as he turns himself, a girl stands behind him.

"Taehyung?"

The boy lets out a relief sigh, "I thought I can't see you before the final."

Chaeyoung chuckles, "Do you want to see me? Why?"

Taehyung is about to answer but he ends up scanning her appearance this time. Chaeyoung notices it, hitting his arm lightly before she says, "Stop staring at me like that." she says in low voice, a blush creeps on her cheeks.

"You wear what I picked for you." he grins at her.

Chaeyoung looks at the black top she's currently wearing, "Once again, Jennie told me to wear this. So, don't get excited for nothing, okay?" she makes up a lie but the boy just laughs at her, nodding his head at every words she says.

"You look good with it!" he compliments her.

He takes a step closer before he whispers, "And I bet you'll do good as well on final."

Chaeyoung smiles at him, "Thank you. I want them to win."

"Then give it to them." Taehyung pulls himself from her.

Chaeyoung nods her head at him but then just like before, Lisa comes to them to steal Chaeyoung because this is the time for the final. "Oh, hi. Taehyung-ssi!" Lisa greets Taehyung, before she looks at Chaeyoung while saying, "Come on, lover girl, We're going to perform as the third finalist."

Chaeyoung nudges Lisa in embarrassment for such a embarrassing nickname, but she lets Lisa to drag her away from Taehyung. Meanwhile, Taehyung is smiling as he goes back to his seat where BTS gather and joke around. Taehyung squeeze himself in between Jin and Yoongi. He doesn't think he can sit beside Namjoon who will do a fanboying thing to SISTAR as well as Hoseok. And he also doesn't think he can sit beside Jimin because he gropes everyone around him while watching the dance.

For Jungkook? It's okay to sit beside him since he's just like a stone. But speaking of Jungkook, where's that young man?

---

Jungkook leans over the fence on the 2nd floor, looking down at the stage with drink in his hand. He looks so emotionless as he keeps on stirring his glass slowly. His eyes scan the stage wildly and soon he glues his eyes to the girl who is standing with her three friends.

He finds himself admiring every little things she does as a small smile decorates his handsome face. The way how her eyes glint, how perfect her hair fall over her shoulders, how contrast her milky white skin with her dark outfit, how genuine she laughs to everything her friends say. She just looks so perfect in his eyes. Too perfect.

Jungkook looks over the BTS' seats and he spots Taehyung there. He lets out a small sigh, running his fingers in between his hair. A little bit bad feeling crosses against his heart once he thinks of Chaeyoung. He won't deny to himself anymore that he's attracted to that girl. But he can show that openly because he knows that Taehyung is the first one who's attracted to her.

Jungkook doesn't want a match between him and Taehyung.

But Jungkook has a big ego.

He won't give up on her that easily as well.

He snaps out from his thought when the audiences down there shout Blackpink's names several time. It's their turn to dance. Jungkook catches her shadow in the dark before the light is shining the whole stage as a catchy beat from Rihanna's BBHMM blasts from the audio set.