Chapter 11 : One vs One

Chaeyoung spins around in the middle of the practice room as Lisa observes her moves in silent. When Chaeyoung stops her dancing, Lisa claps her hands with a light smile on her face. "That was good, Chae. I think we can use it for our next dance." Lisa says.

Jennie and Jisoo are playing around in the corner of the room, letting the maknaes to do the choreography. Jisoo is sticking with her phone in hand as she says, "Girls, the big battle in this weekend is cancelled."

"Oh?" Chaeyoung and Lisa walk to the eunnies, sitting beside them.

"I'm joining a group chat of The Base and they said the big battle is cancelled. There'll be only single battle where the group with the most votes will automatically win the whole battle and there'll be a special stage as well."

"A special stage?" Lisa repeats.

"Yeah, 1:1 battle special stage." Jisoo nods her head.

Jennie gasps, "Wow, that's great..."

"Imagine if I got Momo as my enemy..." Lisa squeals at the thought.

"She is a great dance. Just like you." Jisoo nods her head.

"I think you two will burn the stage with your sexiness." Jennie winks at Lisa.

They laugh together and then they're talking about random stuffs like they always do in the middle of practicing. Until, Chaeyoung stands up while saying, "I'm going to get some beverages, anybody want something?"

"Ah, me! An iced lemon tea, there's one in a can." Jisoo says to Chaeyoung.

"Okay, how about Lisa and Jennie eunnie?" Chaeyoung turns to the two girls at her right side.

"I'm the same as Jisoo eunnie!" Lisa says as Jennie follows, "Coke with less sugar."

"Coke with less sugar? Is that thing exist?" Chaeyoung frowns.

"It is."

Chaeyoung nods her head, Walking to the couch to grab her jacket and purse, she heads outside the practice room immediately after that. She remembers that once Lisa said there's a nearby store in this neighborhood and they sell various foods and drinks, maybe Jennie's coke with less sugar is exist there.

Soon, she spots the store few steps away and soon she enters the store as the shopkeeper greets her right away. "Welcome!" the voice is quite deep but cheerful at the same time. Chaeyoung turns her head to smile at the shopkeeper, but what she sees is shocking her.

"Taehyung?" she widens her eyes.

"Oh, Chaeyoung?" he widens his eyes as well.

Chaeyoung shakes her head slightly, "You work here?"

Taehyung nods his head, "Of course. I can't depend my life only with dancing, right?"

She smiles at him. Actually she can't believe a guy like him wants to work in such place. Chaeyoung thought that Taehyung is a guy who depend everything on his parent's money. But no, he works for his own life. She's wrong for the whole time. (She doesn't know that Taehyung is an orphanage as well.)

"Wow, you're an inspiring person." she teases him.

Taehyung chuckles playfully, "I know I am. By the way, what do you want to buy?" he asks her.

Chaeyoung flicks her fingers, "Ah! An iced lemon tea and coke with less sugar..."

"I see... The beverage's section is on there." Taehyung points to the right side of the store.

Chaeyoung nods her head, walking to get the beverages and also some snacks as well. After the shopping basket is full, she walks to the counter to pay it all. Taehyung chuckles when he sees her full shopping basket, "I thought you need iced lemon tea and coke with less sugar only?"