Chapter 12 : Slow Motion

Chaeyoung goes out from the changing room, wearing her dancing outfit

Chaeyoung goes out from the changing room, wearing her dancing outfit. Although it's a simple baggy pants, crop top and a white hoodie, she manages to catch the attention of both boys and girls in her waiting room. Including Jisoo who's smirking at her, scanning her from head to toe as the younger girl approaches her.

"Yah, eunnie, why are you like that?" Chaeyoung seems uncomfortable.

"Eunnie? I'm Jisoo hyung! Address me right!" Jisoo winks her eyes playfully.

Chaeyoung chuckles at her, "I'm a girl, I'll call you oppa then!"

But Jisoo shakes her head immediately, "No, oppa is only for Lisa. She's our oppa. And I, I'm your hyung. And hyung likes what you wear~ That's a cute outfit!" Jisoo says with a serious face and Chaeyoung feels like to laugh at her seriousness about the hyung and oppa thing.

"Thank you. Your outfit is cute as well, hyung." she plays along with Jisoo.

Jisoo presses her palms on cheeks, squealing in her high-pitched voice as she tries to calm herself. "Ah, I think I'm going to die! Jin-ssi is still a good dancer although Hoseok-ssi said he's stiff." she rumbles about her enemy for the 1:1 battle.

"Eunnie, I think you can win over him! Remember what Hoseok-ssi said? Try to boost your confidence! That Jin-ssi is might be afraid or intimidated by a confident girl." Chaeyoung caresses Jisoo's hair gently, trying to encourage her eunnie.

"Ah, thank you, Chaeyoung. Yeah, I can do that..." Jisoo smiles in skeptical expression.

And just in time, a guy with mask approaches them – trying to take Jisoo, he's like a grim reaper, "Number 1, it's your time." he says to her.

Jisoo blows a raspberry as the other contestants in the same waiting room as her are cheering her. That oldest BLACKPINK member is bowing to everyone before the guy with mask takes her out from the room, leaving Chaeyoung as the only girl participant in the waiting room.

This is so nerve-wrecking as the contestants are prohibited to see the other 1:1 battles. But for Chaeyoung, this is extra nerve-wrecking as she will do this for the first time. She doesn't know what the rules or limit when she's dancing later. This is kind of stupid stage but very challenging one. And especially, Jungkook is her enemy. He's a good dancer while she's just a newbie! She can imagine she will stuck in the middle of the dance.

"Hey, Chae." Hoseok calls her, sitting beside her.

"Yeah?" she replies him, turning to look at Hoseok.

"Is Taehyung a fun guy?" he asks her with curious look on his eyes.

Chaeyoung chuckles at him, "You're his friend. You should be know him better than me."

Hoseok smiles genuinely, "But I think he's showing the real him when he's around you."

Chaeyoung widens her eyes slightly, trying to examine his words slowly. "Really? I don't think so. He's having the same personality when he's around me or around you."