Chapter 13

A/N .. Lucien at the top
.............................................................

5 Years later

It has been 5 years since my coronation, i am currently 23 and Kylie is 7 her birthday is a couple of months where she'll be turning 8. This little butterfly is my pride and joy yet tho she is adopted but i cant help but feel something missing. My wolf has been on edge for the past 3 years now and watching others find their mate just agitates her more. She often says she regrets what we had done and i cant help but agree with her.

Other than that things in Regina court (name of pack territory) has been going well apart from some rogues and hunters showing up here and there. Population is currently 1058 shifters but its peaceful.

I am currently sitting in my office going over plans for the annul gathering of all the packs to assist with finding mates in 3 weeks. 'Regina rogue spotted on south of the border ' one of my warriors linked me. 'Hold him there i'm on my way'

--they'll regret crossing our territory-- my wolf Chan growled.

I ran out the house and shifted mid-step as i reached the tree line. As i entered the tree line the most intoxicating smell of wet forest after the rain falls and cinnamon hit my nose. --MATE, MATE, we got a second chance mate-- my wolf said jumping circles in my head. She then noticed that the warriors had our mate pinned to the ground and he was covered in bruises.

'i would advice you release my mate and hope that you didn't cause those bruises' i growled through the link.

'we didn't Regina' they said backing away with their heads bowed.

'ya all may go but please tell Mike to meet me at my home'

'Yes Regina' and with that they took off.

Unknown P.O.V

I had been running for days on end trying to get away from the hunters. I had made my escape 4 days ago after being held for 4 years. I was used for experiments, tracking and testing, those were the 4 most painful years of my life.

Not paying attention to where i was going i hadn't realized i ran into another packs territory until i heard howling and was tackled to the ground by a brown wolf. It snarled in my face, knowing that i wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight i just laid there.

You see i have not shifted or spoken to my wolf in 4 years, i have reached out and felt him there but he hasn't responded after being rejected by his mate. Our mate was a hunter thats also how we manage to get caught, i know what a cruel twist of fate.

After a couple of minutes later a huge gorgeous white wolf emerge into the clearing, i saw her stop and sniff the air then a foreign emotion flashed across her eyes. I felt the brown wolf backing away with their heads bowed. She must be the Alpha, i have never met a female Alpha.

Within another set of minutes i saw the wolves disappear into the forest, she shifted back to human form and not only the fact that she was clothed but she was easily the most stunning woman i have seen.

I tired to stand but the pain within my body ached terrible, it must have shown on my face because she rushed to me. Why does she care when she doesn't know me and i'm a rouge. As soon as the thought crossed my mind i felt sparks spread like wildfire all over my body where she touched.

--MATE-- My wolf Lance growled weakly.

I felt like my eyes pop out of their socket, i turned to see the most perfect smile. " I guess you realize your my mate then huh?, i'm Liandra" she said.

"ummm yea, i'm Lucien" i said beneath a whisper.

"i'm going to take you back to my house and get you fed then we can talk okay" i simple nodded in response.

she lifted me with ease and headed in the direction i assume is her home. I felt my eyes closed on their own and suddenly i was surrounded but darkness and painful memories.

Liandras' P.O.V

Its been 4 days since i found my mate and he's still unconscious, doctor says he should wake up anytime now and he had a tracker in his neck. I haven't left his side in those 4 days, i have all my work brought to me and the pack is on edge. we lost 4 members 2 days ago when the hunters crossed our territory.

I stood and walked over to the window where the moon was shining in through. I closed my eyes soaking up the beams.

"Hello my daughter"
"I have missed you Mama"

"I know my child, i have missed you and i have felt the pain i have caused you. Before you ask yes he really is your mate but you will have to be patient my child for he is broken. You've both had pain and will have to depend on each other, also there is another war coming though it be a ways off i would still like you to train. I must go now my child he is about to wake. I love you and you have made me proud."

With that she was gone. I love you too Mama .

I turned around and headed back to his bed side, as i go to take his hand i looked at his face to see his features sunken probably from starvation.

-- we will kill who ever did this to him-- Chan growled.

-- of course we will-- i said placing my head on his hands.

As i did that i felt him squeeze my hand i looked up to see his eyes flutter open, he looked around and then his gaze landed on me. His eyes stoned over, " can you just reject me so i can be on my way" he said coldly.

I felt my heart drop and my wolf whimper, i tired to keep my voice level when i said, " why would i reject you when i never thought you existed."

"what do you mean by that?" he asked with furrowed brows.

"i'll explain all that later, lets get you fed and dressed" he nodded and i showed him to my room and the attached bathroom i left the clothes Mike brought on the bed and told him to meet me in the kitchen when he finished.

As i was finishing up his meal he came in and sat by the island in the kitchen. I gave him the food and said, " when your finish we can go to the garden and talk, the sun will be up in a couple hours" he nodded and then began to ate while i sat there watching him and my wolf purring in content. It was safe to say my wolf was a smitten mess.

-- i heard that and we both know you are just as smitten as i am-- i rolled my eyes and blocked her out.