Chapter 23

Luciens' P.O.V

It has been days with hardly any contact with my Mate, she has buried her self in her office with her work. I know something is bothering her since she came in nights ago but every time i ask about it she shuts me down. Right now my wolf is whining for his mate.

I went to the kitchen to get an apple, I haven't really had an appetite since my mate kinda alienated me. 

"Morning daddy is mommy still in her office" Kylie asked jumping into my lap.
"Morning baby girl, yes she is." Her face immediately held a frown.

"Why don't we go see if mummy wants to join us for ice-" i didn't even get to finish my sentence when Kylie jumped out my arms and ran towards my mates office.

I got up and made my way towards the office as i reached the door i came face to face with my extremely tired looking mate.
Her eyes were puffy and held bags and her complexion had paled somewhat and i could tell she lost a little weight.

"Are you just going to stand there looking at me or are we going for ice-cream" she snapped.
My wolf whimper at her tone.

"Kylie can you go call Mike and Emmi i want to talk to mummy for a minute"
she nodded and ran off.

I lifted my mate up bridal style and walked towards the bedroom. As soon as we got there my mate was already snuggled into my chest fast asleep. My wolf purred with finally having our mate in our arms. I laid on the bed with my mate still rapped in my arms.

Moments later there was a knock on the door. "Come in" the door opened to reveal Kylie and Mike as they walked in.
Kylie sat on the bed petting Liandras' hair. "Daddy we'll have to go for ice-cream another time mummy's tired and i know how much you wanted ice-cream" she said pouting causing Mike and i to choke on our laughter not wanting to wake up my mate knowing full well Kylie was the one more enthusiastic about going for ice-cream.

"i know sweetheart we'll go when she wakes" i kissed her forehead, she giggled and then kissed Liandras' cheek.

"i'll watch her, Emmi is baking downstairs" Mike said taking Kylies' hand and leaving.

sometimes i wish you would talk to me and let me help i thought to myself combing my hand through her hair. she let out a small groan and snuggled deeper into my chest if it was possible we would be molded together.

I laid there and watch my mate sleep and my wolf purring contentedly that i had no idea when i myself fell asleep.

Liandras' P.O.V

I woke up and tried to stretch but my body was heavy and i couldn't move. I opened my eyes and saw i was being spooned by my mate. I laid there for a while longer and then i finally felt him stir.

"mmm" he said
"i see one of us slept well" i said giggling.
he suddenly shot up from the bed " so you didn't sleep well" he said pouting.

i laughed " i slept fine, and i'm sorry for blocking you out"

"why don't we go take a bath and then go to the garden and you can tell me whats been going on then we take Kylie for ice-cream" he said with a small smile.

I sighed then nodded.

....... 30 minutes later......

We sat under a shaded tree and i told him about the conversation i over heard when i went for my run and why i hadn't taken action against the Gamma also about the research i did.
After i had finished explaining everything to him we sat there for a while before heading inside.

As we reached the kitchen i saw Emmi, Kylie and Mike eating cookings i'm assuming Emmi made because Mike sucks at making anything food related. That boy could screw up a simple salad.