3. Possessed

Joey's BMW struggled to enter the dingy street. Joey had gathered the fortune tellers address and come to visit her. She lived in a trashy place, downtown. The reception lady in her apartment denied any fortune teller living there. She said they only permitted decent families. 

Joey sighed and drove back. The fortune teller confirmed his car had left and came to the reception. 

"Thank God! You saved me. I knew I was in big trouble the moment he broke the lamp," she heaved a sigh of relief. 

"Not so soon," she heard Joey say. He had sent his car and hid behind to see whether she comes out. 

The fortune teller and the reception lady both picked up a cleaning broom in their hands in an instant. "Go away, you demon. You can't harm us. Jesus is with us," the fortune teller blabbered frightened. 

Joey swayed his hand and the brooms flew away. The ladies were literally shaking now. The receptionist started saying Hail Mary prayer and fortune teller was chanting something. 

"Stop it both of you. I am not here to harm you. I need help. The boy you saw with me yesterday is acting  weird. He is hurting himself," Joey said. 

"Stay away from the boy. He was innocent. You can't hurt a pure soul," the fortune teller shouted. 

"Oh come on ! He is not that innocent. The bugger will eat ten people like me alive. I don't want to hurt him. He is my lover. I just want your help," Joey pleaded. 

The fortune teller gathered a bit of courage and came near him, "what do you want me to do? You are the witch. All the power is within you," she said shivering slightly. 

"First of all, I am not a witch. I am just a man for God's sake. I do get these strange dreams sometimes and I can perform slight magic. It just manifests itself. Nothing is under my control. Believe me. I am a reputed businessman and a celebrity," Joey said. 

The look in both the ladies eyes said they did not believe him a bit. "You were the one who disappeared in thin air yesterday. You warned me Daniel will get into trouble because of me. I am damn sure you know what is happening," Joey said. 

"Me? Disappearing in thin air?" the fortune teller scratched her head. She knelt before him and clutched her hands together like she was praying, "I am a small time con woman. A psychic. I use my powers to make money by reading peoples past. I knew you were an all powerful witch the moment I touched you. Forgive me for my misdemeanors. I will do whatever you say. Please don't harm us," she pleaded. 

-----

The fortune teller and Joey entered his house. Joey had convinced her to come and take a look at Daniel once. He explained his situation to her in the car. 

"Where did you go so early Joey. You did not even have breakfast," Daniel asked him as soon as they entered. 

"He seems quite alright," the fortune teller whispered into Joey's ears. 

"Daniel, you were disappointed you did not get the reading yesterday. So, I bought her home. You can ask her all you want in peace now," Joey said. 

"Hi Daniel, I am Romila. Everybody calls me Romi," the fortune teller said, stretching her hands for a shake. Daniel gave her one disgusting look and turned to Joey with a wide smile. 

Romi distinctly heard, "you bloody cunt, who do you think I am?"

She looked around startled to see who talked. She saw Storm and Lark hiding behind Wolf. The animals were dead scared. Daniel had already led Joey to the kitchen island. He served fried chicken and almond milk smoothie, Joey's favorite items to him. 

All the morning adventure had made Joey extremely hungry. He tried to take a sip from the smoothie eagerly. Daniel pushed away the glass fiercely. Romi came running to see what the noise was. Next he pulled the chicken plate away, violently. 

"Daniel what is wrong with you?" Joey shouted. The dogs started to howl in unison. Wolf came running and tugged on Daniels trousers like preventing him from doing something. Daniel kicked him hard and he flew across the room. Romi and Joey both ran to see what happened to Wolf. 

"Wolf is one mighty big dog. No person with human strength could kick him this far," Romi said. Wolf got up and ran to Daniel again. 

"Danny," Joey screeched pulling Daniel away from the stove. He was literally burning his own hands in the lit up stove. 

"What are you doing?" Joey yelled. 

"Teaching the scumbag a lesson," Daniel laughed like a demon. 

Do not forget to vote if you like the story. Please leave your comments. I love to hear from you. 

Why was Daniel acting weird? Will Joey turn evil? Is Romi really innocent and what does Wolf smell?  Keep reading to discover interesting plots involving magical miniature creatures and all powerful witch mothers.