13. Meeting Daniel

The Unicorn flew swiftly to the bottom of the pyramid. Mushik was sitting on Joey's shoulder. Both saw a white figure wandering the bottom. It rushed into the nearby jungle once the Unicorn approached. 

"Someone is following me since I entered this dimension. I want to see who," Joey said. 

"The road ends in a marsh. Quick. You take left and I will take the right," Mushik said, "we will surround it." He flew swiftly into the jungle following the figure in an adjoining path. 

Joey rode his Unicorn as fast as he could. All he could see was dust. He heard tree rumblings behind him. The figure was trying to hide. He performed a small magic and disappeared. Someone came to the spot looking for him. 

Joey appeared and pulled it to face him. It was Daniel. He was naked and wearing a small berry hat. His skin was flawless without any trace of the previous wounds. 

"Daniel," Joey gasped, "what are you doing here? How did you come here?"

"Leave me. It hurts," he said freeing himself from Joey.

"I am sorry. I have superhuman strength now," Joey said releasing him, "but, how did you get here? You were locked in the room."

"I managed to escape. I followed you here. You were too fast for me. I couldn't catch up. I want to be with you," Daniel said. Joey looked at him with suspicion.

"You left me alone. I was scared. The witches were chanting and doing nasty things to me. I small talked with Romi and escaped when your mother was not attentive. 

"My mother being careless? Never," Joey thought. This might be a trick. Daniel tried to come near him. But, Joey kept his distance. His alabaster white naked figure was attracting Joey. 

"I am so scared sweetie. I don't understand what is happening. Where we are or what we are doing. Is this all a bad dream?" Daniel asked in his best puppy voice, pouting like a child. 

Joey wanted to hug him and say everything will be alright. He took a step forward. Mushik flew to him and pushed a white princess in front of him. She was bounded by magic. 

"She was the one following you," Mushik said. Joey looked at Daniel in surprise. 

"Did both of you follow me?" he asked confused

"No. Only I did," the princess spoke. It was the same voice Joey had heard before. 

"No. I did too. She did not see me. I was not fast enough," Daniel said. Joey looked at him sharply. All the features were the same. But, his dark green eyes seemed different. It was much darker than the usual bright green color. 

"This is the inter-dimension. The world between the worlds. Only people with special powers can pass into it. Normal humans cannot. Who are you?" Joey demanded. Mushik looked at him with surprise. 

"This human is talented," he thought. 

"What are you blabbering. Don't you recognize me? I am Daniel," he said clearly irritated. 

"In that case you should be possessed still. You would not be able to make it this far without Shooni using your body," Joey said firmly. 

Daniel pounced on the bound princess and held her neck in a vice grip. His nails became a small dagger. "Return now or I will kill this being," he roared in a demonic voice. 

"No. Please no. I did not do anything," the girl pleaded. 

"We can talk it through," Mushik tried to negotiate. But, Joey did not finch a bit. 

"You will not harm her," he said with utmost command. "You don't have anything to do with her. She is just a vessel like Daniel."

"You are afraid I am headed in the right path. You are trying to distract me. This is the inter-dimension. The adobe of Gods and evil is weak here. You cannot hurt me because I am strong. You are using her as a shield," Joey said. 

Daniel let out a hideous roar and tried to hurt the girl. "I said no," Joey yelled and created his magic circle out of air. He pushed it towards Daniel with all his might. The circle went like a jet pushing Daniel away from the princess in a split second. 

The princess fell down at the sudden impact. "You magic should have pushed him back to the human realm," Mushik said. 

Joey nodded. He came to the girl and helped her stand up, "are you all right?" he asked. 

"I am alright," she said standing up. Joey and Mushik saw the pretty princess. she was decked completely in white, had a gold crown and a gold staff. Her face so innocent and her voice was quite sweet. 

"Who are you? Why were you talking to me?" Joey asked. 

"My name is Araki," the princess said. 

"Araki means female demon," Mushik whispered into Joey's ears. 

If you like the Story, please vote. Leave your comments. I love to hear from the readers. 

I found this picture in Daniel's Instagram account. I think it is one of his best pictures. What do you think readers. Let me know in the comment. I was so obsessed with the picture I had to create a chapter based on it. 

Do you think Joey had earned Mushik's trust? Is the new girl good or evil? The next chapter takes Joey to hell, literally. Keep reading. Keep voting.