22. The Oaklanders

The Unicorn dropped them in the entrance of a very tangled forest. Joey and Mushi started walking through it carefully. Ara passed the tangles with ease like air. The Oakland was an area covered by several trees. It was like one huge banyan with million intertwined branches. Joey felt a small pinch on his cheeks. He turned around to look. He did not see anything. 

Mushi pointed him to a small squirrel. It was armed with bow and arrow. It was leading its mates to attack Joey with small arrows. 

"Wow!" Joey exclaimed. He knelt down and took the squirrel in his hands. 

"What are you doing. That is the Wee archer. It is attacking you with poisonous thorn arrows," Mushi shouted. 

"He is adorable," Joey pulled some nuts from the air and gave it to the squirrel. The other squirrels approached him with fear. He offered them more nuts. 

He observed the area closer

He observed the area closer. The Oakland was teaming with various life forms. He saw an Ice Age Sid like creature looking at him pleadingly with three small rabbits. He showed his fingers and it climbed on it. He pulled some carrots from the air to feed it. 

He felt a slight hit on his other hand. A huge beaver like creature was attacking him with an iron ball. "Oh my God! You are the most beautiful beaver I have ever seen. So chubby. So lovely. What do you want?" Joey picked it up letting down Sid and the rabbits. 

He fed it some aspen twigs. He saw a majestic mini fox looking at him suspiciously from a distance. 

"Mushi look. How stylish she is !" Joey exclaimed and offered her some berries. She picked them up with her staff cautiously from a distance and observed Joey standing in the most stylish way possible.