18. Reincarnating Isis

"Isis was the mother of all," Pietro started to say, "she was created by the power of the earth and the sky. She owns the greatest magic of all time. She could, heal, kill, protect and most importantly create. Only she knows the way to defeat Shooni."

"There was no males or females at first. She created the trees and the jungles. Then she created beasts like Godzilla's which could reproduce on its own. There were only females. No males. In course of time, Seth and Osiris two males were created by the sky and the earth. They were her brothers. Isis bred with Osiris to create humans. Both males and females were created. Males started dominating females," Mushi explained. 

"It happened only with humans. Not in any other species. Seth grew jealous of Isis's love for Osiris and locked him alive in a coffin and made him float in the Nile. Isis found him, saved him and bore him a son Horus, the king of all kings," Ara said. 

"Seth was furious and massacred Osiris. All his body parts were spread across the world. Swept by agony, Isis turned into a bird and collected every single part. She joined it together. But, Osiris was already dead. She could only reclaim his Zombie self. She was deeply hurt. She protected Horus from numerous dangers and grew him believing he will help bring peace to humanity, restore the balance between males and females," Pietro said. 

Horus grew up and took bloody revenge on his uncle Seth, unleashing a reign of terror. He took control of the Earth and the Air. When Isis questioned him and demanded him to treat his uncle Seth (her brother) with mercy, Horus beheaded his own mother Isis. That was the last straw for Isis. She escaped through magic. She saw the whole male species as despicable beings capable only of violence. 

He blamed them for all the sufferings of the world and started killing them. She became a major rival to Horus himself. Unable to defeat her directly and afraid all the males in the world will die, Horus made two of her favorite lovers betray her. They poured melting wax on her head, utterly deforming her and trapping her soul in darkness forever. 

Pietro showed Joey the deformed figure of Isis. 

"Good God !" Joey gasped, "how did they trick her into doing this?" he asked

"They pretended they were attempting to bath her and poured magical wax instead of water. She died swearing to come back and finish all the men in the world. Only hundreds will die in the hands of Shooni. If Isis comes alive, half of Earth's population is over. And worse, there won't be any more reproduction. It will mark the end of the human race," Pietro said. 

Joey looked at the deformed statue closely. She was a mother. Had the heart of a mother which was filled with love and mercy. Time had wronged her. She can be set straight. She wanted to show mercy to the person who killed her lover. She fought for her lover even after he was dead. She will understand me. 

"There should be some way. I will bring her back," Joey said examining the statue closely and felt the wax. 

"I can shape it. It is just wax. With little heat I can recreate her figure," Joey said. 

"How will you handle her when she awakens?" Ara asked. 

"There should be a way to take out all the anger," Joey said thoughtfully. 

"Human," Mushi called, "you can create a vent to let out all the anger. You can make it a loop so that she is never angry and stays happy forever,"

"That's a great idea," Pietro agreed, "but we all die if he fails." 

"My father was a world renowned sculptor Pietro. I can do this. You can supervise every step I do. I have to try. Please let me," Joey pleaded. 

Pietro agreed. But, he sent all the his sentinels to other dimensions. Due warning for all males to hide were also given. Joey set to work diligently. He made Cerberus breathe fire now and then to melt the wax and started molding it into a magnificent women. He created each and every part with utmost sincerity. 

"Keep the vent in her stomach. That's where all her anger churns. Her stomach will burn, watching the fate of her miserable children. There should be a way to cool it," Mushi said. 

Joey created a cow's head with two horns and huge ears. Air circulated through the holes in the horns and and the ears. The anger in her stomach will pass down through the cow's mouth and into the oblivion, cooled down by the air entering the cow's face. 

Pietro examined the figure and nodded an approval. Joey opened the eyes of the statue after finishing the last detailed touches and waited for her to come alive. They waited and waited. But, nothing happened. 

Joey checked his watch. Only two hours remained. They haven't even found out how to defeat Shooni, let alone do it. 

If you like the Story, please vote. Leave your comments. I love to hear from the readers. 

Where did Joey go wrong? Did Shooni interrupt? Just two hours more. Will he succeed or fail? Keep reading to see Joey and Daniel meet again. Will Daniel help Joey this time?