16. The Underworld

Joey patted Cerberus on its back and said, "Let's go beautiful." He started walking with it. Mushi climbed on his shoulders and whispered, "tell them the destination."

"It won't work like that. They are three different dogs. All three will never work together. We will go where it takes us. We will figure out where Isis is," Joey said. 

"So much for being an animal magnet. Can't you make it obey you?" Mushi teased. 

"Never succeeded even once in all the three years. Storm will run if I say sit. Sleep if I say run and bite me if I give a third command. Wolf will never let me have a peaceful meal. He always licks my plate clean. And Lark, she is on a totally different level. She will vomit on my face. Me slipping in her piss is her greatest entertainment," Joey said laughing. 

Mushi watched him with admiration. He got into Joey's belt safely. 

"Afraid are we? It is OK. It is the underworld. I am scared too," Joey said. 

"I am not afraid. I am just cautious," Mushi said. 

Disturbing scenes surrounded them

Disturbing scenes surrounded them. Ara followed Cerberus and Joey closely. They went past an erupting volcano which covered the entire floor with lava. Joey jumped on the few available rocks carefully following Cerberus. The rocks gave up as soon he set foot on them. Joey leaped quite quickly pulling Ara and Cerberus along with him. Several rocks crushed behind them while the one's they lay foot tumbled terribly. They crossed the area trying only the rocks Cerberus set foot on.

"Great Cerberus. You are so brave. Go on," he patted it. An area covered by ashened spikes followed. Joey leaned on one of the spikes gasping and tired by the run. He pulled back his hand immediately as it pricked him. The whole place started to crumble down. White ash covered them on all side.

"Joey, what did you do? Must you touch everything?" Mushi shouted

"Wow ! you sound just like Daniel," Joey joked and ducked to escape from the debris flying around.Objects flew all around them. Joey ran, slid and perched on other objects just trying to escape them.

"I hate this place. Every step is filled with danger," Mushi cursed.

"What did you expect? It is the underworld," Ara said.

They reached another similar area with spiky rocks and dark clouds. Joey was about to take a step further when Cerberus pulled him back. He looked down to see the rocks floating in air. Falling down would have meant flying into oblivion.

 Falling down would have meant flying into oblivion

"Great, this dog even saves you. Doesn't it have any duty conscience. It is supposed to be our enemy. Not friend," Mushi teased.

The wandered around and saw a huge monster fighting some humans.

"Looks like we are not the only humans here," Joey said.

"No Joey. They are the sentinels of hell. They live here. They occasionally fight the monsters that try to get out," Mushi explained.

"I understand

"I understand. Like controlling the prison riot," Joey said. They walked without making a noise. They walked past an enormous corpse whose head was severed. Blood was puring from its neck. The whole place was filled with rotten smell.

Mushi held Joey's belt with all its life. But, Joey just patted him reassuringly and led Cerberus there. It ate from the corpse and drank the blood.

"Dogs," Joey said, "they just love dead animal carcass

"Dogs," Joey said, "they just love dead animal carcass. Storm brings all sorts of dead animals into the house," he explained. He felt something crawling upon him. He saw an ant the size of Lark. The ants were devouring the dead carcass. In a moment they were all over Joey and Ara.

Ara used her staff to defend herself. One ant simply got hold of Mushi fully. He fought bravely and defended himself with his ax. The ants were all over Joey's face and dress.

He stood like Hulk again, bulging is hands and let out a fierce heat wave from his body. All the ants fell down dead.

Joey sat down exhausted. Cerberus came to him and licked his wounds lovingly. Mushi too touched his face with love for the first time.

"Guy's look here," Ara said. They were surrounded by the sentinels of Hell, each pointing their spear at them. 

"We are in big trouble. The sentinels never let anyone get out of hell," Mushi whispered into his ears. 

If you like the Story, please vote. Leave your comments. I love to hear from the readers. 

What will the Sentinels of Hell do? Capture Joey? Imprison him or help him? What will happen to Daniel and Janiel's baby if Joey do no escape them? Keep reading for unexpected twists and introduction of hot math model Pietro Boselli.