Family Feud

{Chapter 10: Family Feud}

We ran to the SSS Headquarters in silence. I'm worried, should I even tell him about Romero? What if he intervenes and messes things up? He wouldn't do that would he?

What would I know? I hardly even know this man and lord only knows if I can actually even trust him. But a small part of me hopes that I can trust him. That maybe I can find what I'm searching for in him. What is it exactly that I'm searching for? I'm not sure but it sure as hell would be nice to be able to rely on someone.

This is dangerous ground for me. I've never told anyone about this other side of me and I don't even know why I want to tell him of all people.

You don't know who this man is, I remind myself.

We reached the main entrance and I pulled out my ID card from my back pocket. I passed my ID through the scanner and the doors slide open. We walked through the hall and entered the elevator. The doors slide closed and I press the button for the third floor.

"I thought we were going to talk to your father," Hansel asks.

"We are... I just want to show you something else first," I answer. If he wants to know about Romero, he should know about Baby Doll too.

The doors dinged open and we stepped into perhaps the most busiest floor in the whole building. The Track and Records floor is where any information on any human or supernatural being on Earth and on Prima Lucé could be found. The huge room was crowded with working people. Some were behind computers monitoring information while others where walking around with files in their hands.

I saw as Miranda, an agent specializing in tactics, passed by us and winked at Hansel. I couldn't help but narrow my eyes at her. I never particularly had any troubles with her before but I don't like the way her eyes are raping Hansel. She's gorgeous of course, all vampires are. She had brown straight hair, a black pencil skirt, a white blouse, and black pumps. Just as she was about to walk past us, she purposely crashed into Hansel, causing all the files in her hands to fall to her feet.

How conveniently reckless of her, I think to myself, stopping to watch the whole scenery unfold.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Miranda faked gasped and bent down to pick up the files. Hansel, being the convenient gentleman he is, bent down to help her pick up all the lose papers. I rolled my eyes and lent against the wall.

I thought he was smarter than to fall for this lame old trick.

"It's alright, it was my fault, I was in a hurry," Hansel excused himself. While Hansel was collecting the files, Miranda used his distraction to her advantage and pulled her blouse down a bit to expose her breasts more.

Woah, desperate much? But I keep my mouth shut and wait to see Hansel's reaction.

Hansel hands her the files and stands up, his eyes never leaving her face. Huh, he's not even going to take a peek? Miranda follows suit and stands up, but not without perking her ass up in a sensual move. Still being the predator she is, she takes a step towards him, resting her hand on his broad chest. I held in a growl.

Alright, I didn't see that one coming.

"Thank you for helping me," she says seductively and bats her eyelashes at him. I roll my eyes and walk away, having had had enough of her desperate flirting.

I faintly heard Hansel say, "No problem. Excuse me." And I immediately hear his heavy footsteps behind me.

"I could get you her information if you want," I said, "I think she gets off work at five."