Dominance

Chapter 17

Butterflies consumed my stomach and my heart skipped a beat. This can't be. What is he doing here? This wasn't part of the plan. I forced myself to act indifferent and locked eyes with those green eyes. Those green eyes that make me feel like they read my soul every time we lock eyes.

"Hello, my name is Treviño and I will be your new body guard," Hansel said as he approached me and extended his hand for me to shake.

"Catherine," I replied and shook hands with him. Tingles ran up my arm and my body screamed for more contact. Suddenly, I was filled with desire. I wanted to kiss Hansel. I wanted him to hold me in his arms and promise to never let me go. I wanted to be loved by Hansel. Wait, what? I dropped his hand immediately.

"This is the jewel I was telling you about," Romero said as he snaked his hand around me waist. I looked up at Romero and he bent down to peck my lips. I mentally groaned, I will kill this guy one day.

"Quite a jewel you have there," Hansel agreed. Romero nodded and gestered for him to take a seat. Hansel, or should I say Treviño, sat down in one of the chairs. Romero held my hand and pulled me to his desk. He sat down and pulled me to sit on his lap.

Romero wrapped one arm around my waist and pecked my cheek. I forced a smile on my lips and gazed at him. One day, you bastard, one damn day.

"Right, this jewel in my arms, you must protect," Romero said to Hansel.

"With my life," Treviño agreed. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed the double meaning behind his words. Shit, calm down Cath!

"You better. This woman in my arms is my life. She ends up harmed under your watch and I will not hesitate to behead you," Romero threatened Hansel.

"If I were in your situation, I would do the same. I don't expect anything less," Hansel said staring at Romero. Romero nodded and nuzzled his nose in my neck. I heard a growl emanate from Hansel.

"What was that?" Romero asked Hansel.

"My stomach, I'm sorry. I'm hungry," I said, quickly. Romero glanced at me worriedly.

"Once we are done here, we will go out hunting," he promised me. I nodded and glanced back at Hansel. He glared at Romero, but when Romero turned to face Hansel, Hansel hid his emotions and put on a pokerface.

"You will guard her 6 days a week. Your free day will be on Sundays execpt when I am away on meetings. I attend several meetings and it will be good to know that she is in reliable hands. We currently have a grand threat against us and I need you to protect my jewel," Romero informed Hansel. Hansel nodded curtly.

"Don't worry. She'll be safe with me," Hansel promised.

"I really hope so," Romero grumbled and stood up from his chair, pulling me up with him. Hansel and Romero shook hands. I saw Hansel's arm muscles flex against his tight black shirt as he shook hands with Romero. I gulped.

"You start tonight, after Catherine and I get back from our hunt-" Romero was interrupted by a knock on the door and Johnson entered.

"Sir, we have news on Baby Doll's whereabouts. She was last seen a few days ago in a place called Mountain View Peak Street Races," Johnson informed Romero quickly. Johnson was Romero's right hand. Romero however, often got frustrated at him.

"Meet me in my office upstairs, Johnson. We will talk there. Catherine, I'm sorry but-" Romero began apologizing to me. I faintly saw Johnson exit the room.

"No it's alright, maybe we could go out after you are done," I suggested. But in reality, I didn't want to go anywhere with him.

"You are amazing," he mumbled as he leaned down to kiss me. His lips smashed aginst mine in a slimy kiss. I forced my lips to move against his and wrapped an arm around his neck while the other rested on his chest. Romero gripped my waist and pulled me closer. I internally groaned. Gosh, I hate this man. I heard a growl and pulled away immediately.