Prince of Prima Lucé

Chapter 19

The candle lit dinner and the vase of red roses on the table gave a marvelous scent. The table cloth was white with embedded diamonds. There was a bottle of wine in the middle and two glass cups. Hansel sat down in front of me. He looked rather dashing in his black dress pants and his white button up. His green eyes met my blue ones.

"How was Stacey," he asked me as he poured us some wine.

"She's amusing. I like her," I told him as he handed me a cup.

"I designed her a few years back, she turned out better than expected," Hansel admitted. I glanced down at my glass.

"You aren't trying to get me drunk again, are you?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

He shook his head, "Nope. I promise you that our next night together, you will remember every single moment of it." I blushed beet red. Next night?

"Who said I wanted to spend another night with you?"

"I said. The world spins several times and eventually, we will remember this moment and laugh," he said, chuckling. I gave a breathy laugh, too.

"To your birthday, Catherine," Hansel said as he raised his glass cup towards me. I raised my cup as well.

"And for the many more we will celebrate together," he said in the end as we clanked our glasses together. His green eyes met mine. I smiled and took a sip of my drink. Hansel did the same.

That night we talked, we joked, we had fun. It wasn't long before we finished our second bottle of wine. We were currently laughing about one of Hansel's childhood memories. Hansel is an only child and his mother and father are still very much in love. Benjamin and him have been best friends since Hansel turned 5 and Benjamin moved into one of the neighboring houses.

"Let's dance," Hansel said standing up. He walked around the table and extended his hand towards me.

"There isn't any music, Hansel. We can't dance," I said letting out a breathy laugh. Hansel looked towards his car that was parked right next to mine.

"Stacey, music please," he ordered the operator and immediately his car doors opened, and his flash lights turned on. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri began playing.

"What do you say? Dance with me?" Hansel asked me. I nodded and stood up. Hansel pulled me close and walked us away from the the table. He stopped, turned around to face me, and bowed down to me.

"May I have this dance," he said in a British accent, extending his hand to me. I giggled and nodded.

"Yes, you most certainly may," I replied and placed my hand in his. He grinned and stood up straight. He rested one of his hands on my waist and grabbed my hand with the other. I rested my arm on his shoulder and held his hand with the other.

We began dancing the box step. At first, we remained in our box but then Hansel began leading the way and we were circling the whole meadow. He would spin me while we danced and pull me back closer each time. The cool wind would make my hair and dress blow, but I didn't mind. I was with Hansel, that was what mattered.

We had circulated the big meadow twice when Hansel's eyes met mine. We stopped swaying and I glanced down at his lips.

Hansel bent down slowly and our lips met. Sparkles spread throughout my body, every single nerve becoming alive. I rested my hand on his chest while the other was tangled in his hair. He tangled his hand in my hair while the other rested on my back and pulled me closer. I felt him smile as we kissed and he pulled away.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me," Hansel whispered.

"Try me." Hansel looked down at me and frowned.